Glock 42 - from rumor to range

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Ian Swope said:
A solution to a problem that was already better served by other guns. Shield, LCP, etc...

Agreed, and not even a good solution. I think it looks considerably bigger than an LCP

Dieseltech09

Well-Known Fanatic
In the video he said they built it because "you guys wanted it". Who the hell were they talking to that told them this is what they wanted?

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Brian K said:
In the video he said they built it because "you guys wanted it". Who the hell were they talking to that told them this is what they wanted?
they were probably reading glock talk from 1998 of people bitching about the .380 glock not allowee in the U.S.

Ian Swope

Well-Known Fanatic
Matt Rigsby said:
they were probably reading glock talk from 1998 of people bitching about the .380 glock not allowee in the U.S.
They sure as hell weren't reading any of the opinions at the Glock ID site. Their own poll they ran there when the site first went live was which Glock do you want to see next and a single stack 9mm had like 95% of the results.

charger arms

Ask Me About My Cocker Spaniels
ysaja9y3.jpg

Just got one in and it already has a new home. Grip is too small for future expansion into a 9mm I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
I personally think they look too big for a true "pocket" pistol (vs LCP or P3AT). Was that your assessment Adam? Since you have hand your hands on one

charger arms

Ask Me About My Cocker Spaniels

Here is a 9mm Hornady round in the magazine so you can see how it won't be a simple change to make a single stack Nine Mike Mike.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
Jared Carpenter said:
they sent me a 33rd magazine and a drum of ammo to test with it. I can say 4 things for certain. 1- I now have a sunroof in my apartment. 2- my neighbors are warming up to the whole 'gun thing', 3- it most certainly runs the the 33rd mag and 4- im still uncertain how bridget the midget is carrying the gun but from the odor emitting from the extra mag she sent me earlier, it must be in a can of dog food sitting next to a sizzling pan of used diapers.
This was the post of the ****ing year. How did I miss it.

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
Glock was a little late to the .380 party... but after 35 years in the USA don't ya figure some "brand loyalty" is part of the marketing focus?

Just saying... the 380 fury is giving way to a micro 9MM onslaught.... I bet they have one in the hole over at Glock to cover that too.

I'd buy one... (the platform has grown on me) but the old big 380 vs small 9mm debate still leaves me with a Glock 26....

zombiegirl

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm excited about getting one! I love Glock and have a 26 for carry, also have a Sig P238 for carry! I've had a Kimber Solo--hated it, Shield in 40...hated it...shot a few Kahr in 380 and 9mm for carry--hated them....had LCP...hated it....had LCR...hated it....had TCP...hated it....shot the bodyguard...not a fan....everyone is different and what works for one may not for the other. We all know people who own guns that don't necessarily work for us but they are still great guns none the less!! I know Glock works for me (I have a 26, 34,35 already), so why not!

Jonathan Waits

Well-Known Fanatic
My wife and I just shot one at H&H(had a groupon) it was the most comfortable .380 I have ever shot(of course I haven't shot many), I actually liked it, would like to see an extended grip floor plate or extended mag for that matter, but it was nice to shoot, unlike the ruger and taurus .380s I have shot. Long story short, even my wife liked it a lot, which she has a hard time shooting my 9c and we tried out a shield in 9mm and she didn't really like that one too much either. So it surprised me when she said the 42 kicked less and was more comfortable, as all the .380s I had shot so far seemed to kick harder than my 9 and made my hand feel like it had gone through the meat grinder, so I ran a few rounds through it and was pleasantly surprised.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Several of us got to shoot Jamie's (zombiegirl) Glock 42 this weekend after the match. I have an LCP and was really surprised at the lack of recoil compared to the LCP (which is kind of "snappy")

It was also pretty accurate for a gun of such size. Most of us seemed to be hitting consistently left of POA. I think that can attributed to the smaller size and stiffer trigger than most of our Glocks. Still most everyone was shooting a pretty decent sized group.

I think it is still a little on the large size for a TRUE pocket gun. Will someone carry it in a pocket? Absolutely, and probably swear "they don't even know its there" It is larger than an LCP but smaller than a Glock 26/27. It felt pretty good in the hand even without a finger extension on the magazine.

I liked it.

Thanks Jamie for letting us all shoot your gun.

Latest posts