Glock 35 conversion question

CrtsHarris

Well-Known Fanatic
Hi guys,

Was looking at getting a Glock 34 for 3gun. While looking into the different types of pistols, I saw that you could get a conversion barrel for the Glock 35(.40S&W) that would make it a 9mm.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/115192/storm-lake-conversion-barrel-glock-35-40-s-and-w-to-9mm-luger-1-in-16-twist-532-stainless-steel

Is this a practice barrel? Or could I use it in two seperate weapons classes? Any info would be much appreciated.

taymoor

Skilled Lover
I run a G35 with a 9mm conversion from lonewolf. With outlaw 3gun it won't really affect you. You'll get more capacity and cheaper ammo vs. shooting .40

CrtsHarris

Well-Known Fanatic
I run a G35 with a 9mm conversion from lonewolf. With outlaw 3gun it won't really affect you. You'll get more capacity and cheaper ammo vs. shooting .40

I know what you mean by the .40 cal being more expensive. I have an HK USP compact and the ammo is kinda pricey and I haven't even bought any of the good stuff. Besides, I dont want to put a ton of money into the HK when I can get a Glock 34 and have readily available parts to fine tune. The HK doesnt have a lot of aftermarket mods at all.

Besides, I would like to keep the HK stock and just use it for home defence. Thanks for the response, just trying to see if I could hit two birds with the same stone using the conversion barrell.

WillR

Well-Known Fanatic
You can shoot outlaw 3-gun using the 9mm. Then you can shoot uspsa limited and get major power factor scoring if you use the 40, but the 9 will only give you minor power factor scoring. There are not different divisions for 3-gun, unless you are shooting a 308 rifle, them that's heavy metal. Is that what your asking?

CrtsHarris

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm not understanding your question

From my understanding, you have to use .40 cal and above for some handgun matches. But I was going to go with 9mm in 3gun for the ammo capacity. The more I've thought about it, ive decided to just stay focused on 3gun and if I want to shoot handgun matches, I will have to stop by the local range and check it out.

I guess confusing questions come from confused people :)

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
From my understanding, you have to use .40 cal and above for some handgun matches. But I was going to go with 9mm in 3gun for the ammo capacity. The more I've thought about it, ive decided to just stay focused on 3gun and if I want to shoot handgun matches, I will have to stop by the local range and check it out.

I guess confusing questions come from confused people :)
You don't absolutely have to use .40 for USPSA. You can use that conversion barrel & shoot Limiter minor, which means the target hits will count for less points (except A's). You're better off shooting .40 though.
You can also use the conversion barrel for most 3gun matches without any penalty.
Both matches are a blast & you'll enjoy them

Just remember, you'll also need 9mm mags with that conv. barrel

Corey

Well-Known Fanatic
You can shoot outlaw 3-gun using the 9mm. Then you can shoot uspsa limited and get major power factor scoring if you use the 40, but the 9 will only give you minor power factor scoring. There are not different divisions for 3-gun, unless you are shooting a 308 rifle, them that's heavy metal. Is that what your asking?
I bought a G24 & Lone wolf conversion barrel my intention was to shoot .40 at uspsa I wound up shooting 9mm for everything to change barrels my sights were off slightly I was reloading so it was practical to shoot 9 mm for everything. My first choice is three gun I figure uspsa is pistol practice for three gun lol so 9 mm has never bothered me.

Feegee

The Magic Man
I bought a G24 & Lone wolf conversion barrel my intention was to shoot .40 at uspsa I wound up shooting 9mm for everything to change barrels my sights were off slightly I was reloading so it was practical to shoot 9 mm for everything. My first choice is three gun I figure uspsa is pistol practice for three gun lol so 9 mm has never bothered me.

I think 40 is to Manly for Corey it hurts his limp wrist!!😘

Sent from Feegee's iPhone using Tapatalk

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
I just went and bought a Dillon 550 and stick with the 40SW :) but I'm simple and if you have a couple buddies that shoot 40SW it makes things a touch cheaper on ya since you can buy in bulk. Yes you can get more rounds in a mag with 9mm but when you figure in points (USPSA) from minor to major shooting 40SW lets you be a little sloppier with shot placement and still get your points, ask Corey since he still owes me $5 for one stage hehe

Either way you go it's all about having fun and getting better with your pistol so get the one you feel is best then go shoot. Later,

Kirk

Feegee

The Magic Man
I just went and bought a Dillon 550 and stick with the 40SW but I'm simple and if you have a couple buddies that shoot 40SW it makes things a touch cheaper on ya since you can buy in bulk. Yes you can get more rounds in a mag with 9mm but when you figure in points (USPSA) from minor to major shooting 40SW lets you be a little sloppier with shot placement and still get your points, ask Corey since he still owes me $5 for one stage hehe

Either way you go it's all about having fun and getting better with your pistol so get the one you feel is best then go shoot. Later,

Kirk

And me also a 1.00 and something about a B.J.

Sent from Feegee's iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts