Glock 35 / 24 recoil spring

aestus

Well-Known Fanatic
I was wondering if anybody here uses an aftermarket recoil spring for their competition guns. I'm a stock Glock type of person, but I did acquire a Glock 24 in a trade. It has had some trigger work done and the owner replaced the stock recoil spring with a EFK stainless dual action recoil spring . I haven't shot it yet, but so far I have my doubts with the spring. It's very stiff and you have to work a bit just to pull the slide back far enough to engage the slide stop. I'm not sure if cheap ammo and/or light loads would be able to cycle with this. Also, the recoil spring seems rough and crunchy. I can hear the springs scraping and crunching as I pull the slide back.

Anyways, I'll probably just replace it with a stock recoil spring, but didn't know if anyone here had any aftermarket recoil springs for their glocks that they preferred. Also, anybody have any opinions on the Glock 24 vs Glock 35? Seems like the Glock 24 is discontinued and the only difference is that it's about an inch longer than the 35.

Here's a pic of my new toy.

Sr2zt.jpg

RyanReed

Semi-Pro
In my G35, I replaced the factory recoil spring with a ISMI 15lb spring with 2 coils cut off. I did 2 setups - one with a stainless guide rod for Production and ESP and another on a stock guiderod for SSP. These have functioned fine with my 135PF loads.

For my G24, I put a 15lb ISMI spring on a stainless guiderod, but did not trim the spring. I also replaced the barrel, mostly because mine is actually a G24C and I wanted to be able to shoot it in limited.

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
13 ISMI w/ SS guide rod or on stock guide rod. You can tune it further if you chose by cutting 0-4 coils.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
The G24 and 17L are made in limited quantities where did you see they were discontinued? The G24 is a great pistol and I rather enjoy mine, seems a few folks around liked it also as there are a few more around town now. Nothing wrong with a G35 if you plan on shooting production the G24 is out! it has a special place in the shooting world as it's not a pistol you can shoot everything with so most shoot L10 or Limited.

I'm running the stock 17# spring and shooting 172PF loads with-out issues, never heard of the spring/guide rod you have BUT I know Tony has something to help in the spring department. Later,

Kirk

aestus

Well-Known Fanatic
The G24 and 17L are made in limited quantities where did you see they were discontinued? The G24 is a great pistol and I rather enjoy mine, seems a few folks around liked it also as there are a few more around town now. Nothing wrong with a G35 if you plan on shooting production the G24 is out! it has a special place in the shooting world as it's not a pistol you can shoot everything with so most shoot L10 or Limited.

I'm running the stock 17# spring and shooting 172PF loads with-out issues, never heard of the spring/guide rod you have BUT I know Tony has something to help in the spring department. Later,

Kirk

Based on further research, I found that Glock 17L and 24's are sometimes made on a very limited basis. I don't know if it's made in very limited numbers annually or just whenever they feel like it or if there is enough demand. However, realistically they are "discontinued" for the most part for the general public. These models aren't even listed on the Glock US website and most gunshops will tell you they are discontinued and can't get them anymore, unless they know better.

Looks like mine is a very recent model made in late 2011 based on the serial number and the fact that is has the flat black finish found on the late 2011 Glocks instead of the "frying pan" finish that the earlier Gen 3 models had.

Corey

Well-Known Fanatic
This past December 2011 24's were easy to come by for 550 it was a small window but they were there then if you were looking

RyanReed

Semi-Pro
The 17L's and 24's pop up in limited runs every couple of years. The one I have was put together from a replacement t frame and a 24C slide assembly that was sold as a complement to the 22's years ago. The window cut on top of the slide is further forward than the newer models.

Feegee

The Magic Man
Tony just got me a brand new G24 and I love it. I can't put it down. Thanks to Tony, and Kirk I now have a new addiction.

Sent from (NULL) Feegee's iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts