Glock 30s

Mike D

Well-Known Fanatic
I just ordered one of these, should have it tomorrow. I tended to carry something other than one of my 1911's, due to the weight, etc. (getting old) I have a couple of Glocks, and a s### ton of .45, so this looked like a good fit. Anyone have any experience with one of these, good or bad?

Grouchy

Fanatic
Other than the Glock trigger, excellent experience. A Gen 5 when it appears would likely be a trigger improvement as it is on the G19 G5.

Mike D

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks! Looking forward to spitting out that first couple of hundred rounds on our first date. If I can hit with it, I'll most likely be carrying it.

Tommy Two Guns

Fanatic
I just ordered one of these, should have it tomorrow. I tended to carry something other than one of my 1911's, due to the weight, etc. (getting old) I have a couple of Glocks, and a s### ton of .45, so this looked like a good fit. Anyone have any experience with one of these, good or bad?
I've carried one for years and love it.

rmc51

Well-Known Fanatic
Buddy has a Glock 36. Same size but single stack 45. that works good. Slimmer for carry.

nervouselk

New Fanatic
I have a 30s. Crappy Glock trigger was replaced by overwatch a that helped. They don't like SWC bullets but round nose reloads work well. Don't shoot it much. Size and weight wise, just as well carry a Officers 45 or Commander which is what I've done for years

JC54

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks all. Picking it up today. i'll just have to figure out it's carry status after I shoot it a while. No bad guns, just some better than others.
If you want to be "well armed" you can get used to anything that is concealable.
The thing is "well armed" means different things to different people.
Some people feel well armed with a micro .380, me, not so much.
I've carried an all steel government model for years. A friend asked me which .45 I would recommend cause he wanted to buy one like mine, but price was a consideration. I told him that what I bought in 1981 had no bearing on today. I said if I was buying my first .45 today I would probably buy a G30. Very popular with the private personal security crowd, so I hear. He bought one and loves it. That was 4 or 5 years ago . . . or longer. He still loves it.
If you are worried about "printing", because it is thick. I found that anything 3 or 4 o'clock prints bad with even a baggy tee shirt. So bending all day at work I found that @10 o'clock cross draw with the muzzle riding past the left hip is the best way to conceal, WITHOUT that thing aimed at yourself. (I know, everyone loves appendics carry) It's really good there while driving too, better than appendics, the way the belts run, an added bonus. The more you bend, the more the shirt covers everything. You just gotta worry about reaching for something up high & your shirt riding up high. Even a thick G30 will conceal well there. For some reason with something 3 or 4 o'clock it seems my pants just want to slip down & I gotta keep hiking them back up, cross draw, not so much for some reason, most comfortable way I've found, & if standing in a line you have control with it in front, instead of it being at 4 o'clock & some psycho behind you getting bright ideas. In the summer with an IWB if your shirt is long enough you can put it in your belt and outside your pants so there is a buffer between you, sweat, & the gun.
Yeah, it's a problem, I overthink everything.

Last edited:

JC54

Well-Known Fanatic
Thinking is a good thing! I don't know if I would like a cross draw, but honestly have never tried it.
I didn't buy a crossdraw holster, I use a straight drop IWB holster.
Angle the holster to the front and the grip lays over your belt.
A longer grip is better than a short grip for this, a G26 is a no go with a 10 round mag but is good with a G19 mag +X-grip.
A government 1911 & Shield 45 with HYVE extension is the same length & same round count so it's perfect for what I carry.
It may not be the best quickdraw (unless you are seated/driving), but I find it conceals best.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
I didn't buy a crossdraw holster, I use a straight drop IWB holster.
Angle the holster to the front and the grip lays over your belt.
A longer grip is better than a short grip for this, a G26 is a no go with a 10 round mag but is good with a G19 mag +X-grip.
A government 1911 & Shield 45 with HYVE extension is the same length & same round count so it's perfect for what I carry.
It may not be the best quickdraw (unless you are seated/driving), but I find it conceals best.
Thank you for the tip, I appreciate it

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I have gotten to the point I just don't care if I print, or my shirt rides up and exposes my (hand) gun. :cool: But I will give it a try, certainly seems like an option when travelling in the car.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
I have gotten to the point I just don't care if I print, or my shirt rides up and exposes my (hand) gun. :cool: But I will give it a try, certainly seems like an option when travelling in the car.
I think a large percentage of the public is so unaware of what;s goin on most of the time you could carry open, and most would never notice.

Latest posts