Ghost EVO ELITE 3.5 lb connector review

Squid

Well-Known Fanatic
This might be more accurately described as thoughts than an actual review but anyway. After shooting a bone stock G19 for a few years I decided to look for a bit of an upgrade in the trigger. I first bought a ghost rocket 3.5 lb connector and installed it with minimal issues. I will mention that I bought the package deal with extra firing pin springs, trigger springs and firing pin block springs. After trying every combination of springs possible I ended up switching back to all stock springs as I could not get the Trigger bow safety to reset reliably with any other combo. While I was not necessarily unhappy with the trigger once complete I think I was just curious what another connector could do. Ya know if you can't fix it just throw parts at it. So I picked up a ghost Evo elite 3.5 lb connector and while I won't say it is better or worse it is most definitely different. The trigger pull is extremely smooth and consistent from start through the take up and right to the break. What I am Trying to say is that there is no take up then a wall it's more like a revolver trigger pull but much shorter overall travel, much lighter pull weight and I might even go so far as to say smoother but that is probably just be my imagination due to the reduced pull weight. I should mention I did the standard glock polish job on this pistol too. I still haven't decided which connector I will stick with but I will say it concerns me switching between this trigger and my other pistol that all exhibit the standard take up then wall. If all a guy shot was revolvers and glocks I would definitely recommend this connector. Accuracy wise between the two I couldn't tell much of a difference but if I had to pick I would say I shot the Evo elite more accurately than the rocket. but both showed significant improvement over stock.

FortyMikeMike

Well-Known Fanatic
Ever try Taran Butler's TTI trigger kit? I've tried a few drop in trigger brands and like his the best.I've never ponied up the cash for a full ZEV drop in though and they're supposed to be really nice.

Squid

Well-Known Fanatic
I have felt a few different ones but never actually shot them. I think I paid 20 bucks for the rocket and 30 for the Evo elite. I wouldn't mind spending more money if it was a nice improvement but right now my only glock is a G19 that I carry so I never really intended on leave any reduced power springs in it. More or less just seeing how much I could screw it up.

Squid

Well-Known Fanatic
How is the over travel on the TTI kit? Bot the rocket and Evo are over travel free as long as you take your time with the install

FortyMikeMike

Well-Known Fanatic
I wouldn't say its completely gone, but its reduced to the point that's its not a problem. I put the springs it came with in too, which I probably wouldn't do if I carried it but this is a G34 I compete with.

I had sent my slide in to TTI for new sights (also great) and he sent the trigger kit back with it for free. Turned out to be a nice kit so I kept it in and haven't looked back.

Latest posts