Getting into IPSC shotgun shooting

slemmo

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm going to start shooting IPSC shotgun and need to know what's the current hottest gear in the 3gun circuit. My initial plan is a Benelli M2, 26" barrel and a pretty long mag tube....thinking +9 or something. I have the actual shotgun part pretty much dialed, but as far as ammo carrying options I'm completely clueless. So, what are the top 3gun guys using?....talking quad load obviously.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Invictus Practical has the most versatile stuff that I've seen.

IPSC shotgun has done funky rules and we don't shoot anything close to Ipsc rules in the US. So you might check with the guys in Ipsc global village to see what they are using too.

slemmo

Well-Known Fanatic
shotgun standard division is pretty much the same as alot of 3gun stuff I've seen as far as equipment goes. so I will quad load from the belt, only restriction is your allowed to start with max 9 rounds, but after that you can fill up.

jtischauser

There is a distance off the belt restriction on caddy's in Ipsc that most U.S. Manufactured pay no attention too. I know several of the U.S. Shooters that went to world shoot had to make changes to their gear. I think most were associated with bent attachment devices like tmms or els.

slemmo

Well-Known Fanatic
no more than 75mm from your body, and not too high is basically it I think.

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
Looks like Taccom is making a similar in concept product.. The Quadload MG is shipping on the 19th according to the website.. Might be pretty cool!

jtischauser

mike_pinto said:
Looks like Taccom is making a similar in concept product.. The Quadload MG is shipping on the 19th according to the website.. Might be pretty cool!
Taccom sure likes to make small changes to other companies designs.

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
It looks like the one that the world shoot teams used might have been a little over engineered. Simplifying and improving a design just makes good sense, especially if it makes them more affordable and able to be purchased in USD! :)

I might even dabble in a little quad loading this upcoming year so I don't show up in any more videos representing an old guy!! Hahaha. J/K

I will be curious to see how many variations of the holders will be made this year by many manufacturers. Looks pretty solid.

slemmo

Well-Known Fanatic
mike_pinto said:
It looks like the one that the world shoot teams used might have been a little over engineered. Simplifying and improving a design just makes good sense, especially if it makes them more affordable and able to be purchased in USD! :)
I get the impression they are virtually hand made, expensive, and long production time.

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
I believe you are right sir. The ones Tim is making over at Taccom are going to be a regularly stocked item and available for around the $60 USD mark. Plenty affordable especially when compared to the other products out there (Mind you I still load with the old Kurt Miller style and haven't switched to quads, yet) it seems.. These are making me think about going for it..

Latest posts