Getting closer...

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
great job on the restoration. too bad it has to hide from the winters road salts.
I am with Zoid on this one too--not my size :)
so cool@Bender
we need road action pics

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
This is the Wife's car. The MG hates me, I get bit and bleed every time I mess with it.
Long story, long resto, was taken down to bare metal and holes. Body is done, new wiring to put in, swapped the anemic 1.8l British boat anchor for a GM 3.4l. Getting mated to a GM 5-speed.

HP will be double that of the stock MGB. Power to weight ratio will be a bit better than a new 300hp v-6 Mustang. The stock rear end will get rebuilt next year. The 3.90:1 gears are a bit much for this little bugger. I have a set of 3.31:1 gears for it.

Going to get some more progress on it, want to get it running. And rolling this winter.

awp101

Well-Known Fanatic
Looks great! BiL has a Midget that's been converted to a 5 speed Toyota trans IIRC. I'll let him know about the 3.5/5spd combo in case that grabs his fancy.

Q. Why do the Brits drink warm beer?
A. Refrigeration by Lucas

lucas-electrics.jpg
lucas-electrics-2.jpg

fatbaldguy

Well-Known Fanatic
mg.jpg
Had one just like this in 1975. My sister bought it, couldn't fit in it and she gave it to me. No speed to speak of, but I could turn 90 degree corners at speed and never get loose. At least up to about 30-35 MPH. The old man made me sell it when I joined the Navy. Said he wasn't about to store it for me. I'd like to have it back now.

tightloops

Active Fanatic
My back still hurts from changing clutches in MGB/MGC/MGB-GT's, and It's been 40yrs since I last had to do one!:(:(

One thing for sure, with all the bolts, lock washers & nuts, those damn tranny's would never fall off!:p:p

tightloops

Active Fanatic
Whoa, zipped right by the new spec's! That puppy is gonna a be one hell of a sleeper!!

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
This car has driven me nuts thus far.
It was purchased from what was said to be a well respected collector car place in Chicago. I should have inspected it before purchasing, but.....

The 40k mile car turned into being a 140k mile car. And it had been wrecked, hard. Pass side wheelbase was 1.4" short. Drivers side was .5" long.

I ended up tearing it apart, as well as the front clip from a donor car. I replaced the right side "frame section" and inner fender well from the firewall forward.

I put it back together, she drove it a bit and the clutch pressureplate went south. Since the engine and transmission has to be removed to replace the clutch, I decided it was time to get the bodywork done. It was media blasted and sheet metal work was done proportional to paint. Since we have elected to do a "resto-mod" build, i has the side marker lights and body side molding trim removed.

I'll get a few pics posted of when I had it tore to bits when we were in Miami

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
I lost time and sold my last project after I did all the body work and got to the wiring! Kept putting it off because I hate it until I got tired of working around the car and sold it, now I regret it of course!!

Nice job bender and it should be a blast to drive!

Latest posts