Get yours now.

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
meh, they are funny, but I wouldn't wear one of those in public due to safety concerns.

ButchA

Well-Known Fanatic
meh, they are funny, but I wouldn't wear one of those in public due to safety concerns.
Same thing with me and the current Public School System, driving a school bus for a living (one more year until retirement!)
Today's day and age... You say one bad thing to a kid, or even look at him sideways the kid whines and cries. The school principal gets involved, the parents get involved, they pull the onboard DVD video machine onboard your bus, etc... and when the dust settles, and it is all said and done --- YOU are the one who gets in trouble! :mad:

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
It's pretty sad that we find a need to censor ourselves over something as simple a patriotic hat for safety concerns!
Unfortunately I hear this statement all the time.
I strongly believe that situational awareness and environmental awareness is an overlooked part of security. Bringing attention to one's self isn't smart IMO.
Reminds me of the part of the American Gangster movie.

rmc51

Well-Known Fanatic
I strongly believe that situational awareness and environmental awareness is an overlooked part of security. Bringing attention to one's self isn't smart IMO.

And in general I agree, but sometimes you just need to stick it in someone face and say up yours. Generally you don't what to rock the boat constantly. You lose the effect if you do.

1652880621319.gif

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic

I agree somewhat, I have no "Glock" type stickers on my vehicles. Although a "let's go Brandon" one showed up somehow:)
It's hard for me to hide my bias as I'm covered in patriotic tattoos!
Love my country and I don't care who knows, very proud American here!!

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
DO PEOPLE BEHAVE DIFFERENTLY when they think they are being watched? :eek:

The better explanation, he wrote, is self-censorship.:rolleyes:

I just posted this here as a joke, knowing full well the guys here know better.
We learned having an NRA sticker on our Cars could invite a break in to find guns.
We learned havening an opinion could & did get us canceled from other 1911 forums. :mad:

Just being a white man in America paints a target on your back today.

Don't lose your sense of humor we will need every bit of it to survive todays American crisis!
Animated GIF

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic

Putting it like that puts it in a different light. Seems to me there was something like that in Good Fellas too if I remember correctly. I do not wear hats, because they look terrible on me! I have t shirts that I'd love to wear in public, but are kept for range, and when I know who I'm around. When you've ALWAYS been the smallest one in the group, you kind of learn to try to keep a low profile. I do generally like being the gray man, but if the situation dictates it, I am able to speak up and let my opinions be known . I believe Mas Ayoob has covered this very topic before in an article as well. If you are going to wear things that may cause problems for others, best to keep them for places where people will not be offended. In today's society people are offended about too much in my opinion however. I am just saying that I'm totally not against speaking out when the situation requires, but as a rule I keep my opinions to myself. Unless I'm among people who I trust such as folks like you all.

Last edited:

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Unless I'm among people who I trust such as folks like you all.

Just got back from the Publix store & if you just mention Biden Harris, it's like everyone says, "don't get me started".
It's hard to get a positive reply about what's going on today.

I think most Americans are hip to what's going on in America today.
God Bless America GIF by NASCAR