Get home/Bug out bag?

fatbaldguy

Well-Known Fanatic
I keep one in the vehicle. Change of clothes, a couple pair of socks, 100 rounds, fire making stuff, flash light and batteries . I have a bin with MRE's and water, there is a packing blanket. IFAK. In one of those portable cable one gun safes in the car, I have a 1911 and five magazines.
Anybody else do something similar?

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
I have firearm, knives, flashlights, large first aid kit, two way radio, jumper box that can power my phone or anything else I need to, water and a few food items.

Not an actual bug out bag, more of a get me home no matter what bag. As long as I can get home I'll deal with anything else from there.

FWoo45

Well-Known Fanatic
I carry an ifak with me wherever I go. Jumper box to start the truck, a couple of the phone charging batteries. No ccw yet, working on that, so I just keep a gun locked in a cabinet of my toolbox/desk.

FWoo45

Well-Known Fanatic
The big deal to me is to not only have what I might need in a bad situation but to have the training to use it. I can buy all the **** I want but it's just that if I don't know what I'm doing. There are a couple different tourniquets in my ifak. I took a couple classes and chose the ones I could manipulate best and seemed like quality products.

ThePlumber

Well-Known Fanatic
The big deal to me is to not only have what I might need in a bad situation but to have the training to use it. I can buy all the **** I want but it's just that if I don't know what I'm doing. There are a couple different tourniquets in my ifak. I took a couple classes and chose the ones I could manipulate best and seemed like quality products.
Yeah, I need to purchase better tourniquets. I carry surgical supplies (suture, lidocaine, etc), but need better tourniquets.

Any good suggestions?

Oltruckie

Active Fanatic
I've gone from a small 511 carry/overnight bag before retirement for shifts in the Fire station to a 511 Moab 6 sling bag (non tacticle carry color) Med supplies are a pocket face mask for cpr/and a small assortment of cling and 6xs,triangles band aides in a flattened gallon ziplock, my usuall EDC on me, water GF gave me a liter Thurmus jug over a year ago 10 cubes from the freezer toppped off with water this baby stays cool over night even left in my truck during VA summer nights.

FWoo45

Well-Known Fanatic
North American Rescue Military... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003EGD8YC/?tag=1911fans-20

SWAT-T Tourniquet, Black, 1 Count https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003IWNOVO/?tag=1911fans-20

These are the two I chose. I just feel more comfortable working them. The swat-t doubles as a pressure bandage. I feel that it wouldn't be ideal for applying to yourself. I like the cat style better for that. Both good options as are others. Whatever your choice, get some training if you haven't. That can also help you choose what type of tourniquet you want to carry.

Latest posts