Gene Sears

steak

Well-Known Fanatic
I was killing time today waiting for the inlaws to get back with the kiddo and decided to go check out Gene Sears gun shop in El Reno. I went in looking thinking I need a O/U as I have been a little jealous of the wifes. What I got was way more than I bargained for. While looking at what I thought I would like I actually got the pleasure of meeting Gene himself. If any of you are in need of a nice shotgun or even if you want to just meet a super interesting individual that has proven himself time and time and time again in the shooting community with lots to say and lots to teach you should definatley stop by and hear what he has to say.

I learned more about skeet, trap, sporting clays their differences and the differences in the type of shotgun used for each as well as how to properly fit one in the 25 min he took to talk to me than I ever even thought there was to know.

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Awesome! He's supposed to have really great prices on primers and powder, too.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
That store is great! The staff is super helpfull too. I bought my first shotgun there. I went in for a $1000 gun and left with a sweet AL391 gold. I hope you mentioned the forum to them. I'd live to see them get involved.

I also bought my first M2 there. It was a gift for an employee but it was the first one I ever bought.

Donovan

Well-Known Fanatic
I like gene Sears great place , I think his grandson BJ is who I always deal with great store

steak

Well-Known Fanatic
I have bought some bullets there but never primers or powder. they were more than fair and helpful for sure. Its just to bad they cant have it allo out for us all to see.

And I wish I had mentioned the forum while I was there! I have to admit I was kinda star struck by getting to talk to the man himself I was more hanging on everything he had to say than talking myself. Lots and lots of information in that old man if you are willing to stop and listen to him. It was a little saddening to hear him talk about his eyesight going to pot. You can tell him it really bothers him.

And I will make sure I take one of the Boomer Shooter cards and try to get him or his son into the forum next time I go in. He had a absolutely beautiful and great feeling Browning Ultra XS over under that need to be at my house. It was decided that if I get this new job at work this will be my congratulations present to myself.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Awesome place, great folks, just can't get out there like I'd like to with the hours and where they are located. If I need anything I always call there first. Later,

Kirk

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
I've been looking for a place around here that will fit shotguns to people.

PS if you're getting into any of the various clay sports, having your shotgun fit to you is the first thing you should do.

Biggsly

Well-Known Fanatic
I ordered a Ruger LCR from GS. Very quick and at a great price. I have not been in a while. May have to go check it out again this weekend.

steak

Well-Known Fanatic
I've been looking for a place around here that will fit shotguns to people.

PS if you're getting into any of the various clay sports, having your shotgun fit to you is the first thing you should do.

He did mention this several times, and said that for the adjustable stock it would be an extra $200. But he also mentioned that the gun he kept putting in my hands fit well enough that would probably be a waste of money

Corey

Well-Known Fanatic
I ordered a Ruger LCR from GS. Very quick and at a great price. I have not been in a while. May have to go check it out again this weekend.
Great place but they are Monday thru Friday so no weekend shopping
When I need something I run up there at lunch time or I pay for it over the phone and have a friend that goes to school in Weatherford pick it up on her return trip
I have never visited with gene but BJ is a great guy and Adam is a tall thin extremely quiet guy he won the last long range match that I went to. In another match Adam spotted for me and with his help I did extremely well. They have always given me a better price on optics than I could find anywhere else.

Latest posts