gen 4 glock problems

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
brandon knows some stuff about the glocks, and he is very fast with a handgun.

check your gen 4 for a heavy trigger pull or other problems that have been reported.

http://youtu.be/Mj8Qt8ofCAw

and if you put your cursor on his channel name you will see he has some pretty nice legs too!

jfeenin

Well-Known Fanatic
My first polymer gun was a Glock 19 Gen 4. I bought it based on the reputation Glocks had and although I knew there was a recoil spring recall the one I looked at already had the newest one so I figured it was good to go. It wasn't. The first range trip was a disaster. easily 2/3 of the cases that did eject came back and hit me in the face and head. Several rounds per hundred would jam completely. The front of the ejection port was coated in brass where it hit the ejecting cases on the way back sending them towards my face. A call to Glock informed me I needed a new ejector. A trip to a local show the next weekend where the Glock rep was (with a bag full of ejectors as I wasn't the only one expected to show up) and over 1000 rounds later it has functioned and fired flawlessly. Anything made after May or so of last year should be good to go.

For those interested this is what the old and new ejectors look like:
normal__MG_4017.jpg

slidewayz240sx

Active Fanatic
I actually had the old ejector in my gen 3 glock and was having issues with it ejecting straight back to my face(got a good cut on my forehead from it). Switched out to the newer ejector and zero issues.

Oliver2w1

Well-Known Fanatic
I've got a Gen 2 17. She is older but reliable as ever. Wish I was home and I would post some pics for you. She has a new...well...newer... trigger, mag release, slide release, and spring not to mention sights grips and cerakote( holster wear was getten pretty bad) I would sell off a leg before I got ride of her.

jfeenin

Well-Known Fanatic
That's cool. The only thing I have added to mine since the ejector was replaced was after moving here to SC I bought a few normal capacity mags to replace the NYized 10 rounders it came with. I also got a few 17 mags and some X-grips to see if I could tick off the Cuomos and Bloombergs of the world even more.

normal_IMG_1479.JPG

Oliver2w1

Well-Known Fanatic
Ill have to shoot my buddies now and see if there is that big of a difference from the "bump" Good legs...I mean video....good video :lol: