Gee, thanks Mayor riley /sarcasm off

PCShogun

Well-Known Fanatic
(CHARLESTON, S.C.) -- Mayor Joseph Riley of Charleston, Mayor Joseph T. McElveen, Jr. of Sumter and Mayor Darrick Jackson of Timmonsville signed a letter sent to President Obama on Wednesday with fellow Members of Mayors Against Illegal Guns.

The letter asked for the following legislation to be implemented: require every gun buyer to pass a criminal background check, get high capacity rifles and ammunition magazines off our streets, make gun trafficking a federal crime, appoint an ATF (Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives) director, prosecute prohibited purchasers who attempt to buy firearms, ammunition or high-capacity magazines, require federal agencies to report records to NICS and repeal remaining Tihrt restrictions.

Mayor Steve Benjamin of Columbia did not sign the letter.
*********************************************************************************************

The political "Pile On" continues. If they were really concerned, why would they not try to pass this kind of legislation when one or two children are killed by a madman. I can imagine some anti-gun legislation liberal jumping up and shouting "YES!" when he first heard of the Sandy hook shootings.

kg4kpg

Well-Known Fanatic
Joe Riley is a tool. How he has been reelected so many times is beyond me. The aquarium and the Crosstown are two issues I think he has completely miss-managed and caused Charlstonians millions. He is the reason Charleston still floods as bad as it does. Glad he's not my mayor. I'm sure his voters will appreciate his letter.

craigp

Well-Known Fanatic
I thought every gun buyer already has to go through a background check? (OK, except FTF transactions)

Yeah please do get these guns off the streets out of the hands of criminals, however, law abiding citizens should not be restricted in owning these.

I thought gun trafficking was already a Federal crime? Well I guess unless you are the government doing it.........

I did a google search and this exact same wording came up on several sites with the same 3 out of four mayors signing. That's just a little weird if you ask me.

PCShogun

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm still trying to understand what a High Capacity rifle is? They make rifles with 30 round internal mags?

flareback

Well-Known Fanatic
Sounds like they just want enforcement of the current laws (except for the high capacity thing). Probably just a political stunt to make libtards happy. I'd still vote 'em out of office if I lived there though.

Latest posts