Gatoraide for Firefighters!

Iggie

Well-Known Fanatic
More fires spread across oklahoma, I pray for those involved, but more of my prayers go to the men and women that have to run into the fire instead of away. With these heat these guys are having problems staying hydrated. The heat of summer is bad enough but add the fast hot grass fires fueled by oklahoma winds and you've got a problem. tghe voulenteer firefighters don't get the funding they need to keep the firefighters hydrated. Normally these guys are fighting fires and responding to accidents once or twice a week now its everyday. heat exaustion and heat stroke are cumilitve conditions the more your in the heat the more susceptible you are. The key to surviving the heat is cooling and rest your body requires time to recouperate for the heat and 8-12 hours isn't enough. It can take days to fully recover. These people whom we rely on wether you know it or not need help to stay hydrated.

I think we should pull together as a comunitty and do something to get these guys the gatoraide/poweraide and waters they need!

If I'm wrong just tell me. But my father in-law is one of those that voulenteer.

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
my church would help out... we are out of OKC, but i am not sure which city/counties are volunteer nor where to go..

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
I'll go to Sams and buy a case or two to donate if we can get them to where they need to be.

Great idea Chase...

Dustin Cantrell

Well-Known Fanatic
I would call the fire department before organizing. Some are saying they've had so much water and Gatorade donated that they don't have room to store any more.

Iggie

Well-Known Fanatic
http://www.firefightingnews.com/fdDirectoryList-US.cfm?statecodeID=OK
Here is a list of ALL fire departments in Oklahoma find a volunteer one and give them a call to see if they are in need, if they are need then maybe we can get together and make a donation to them.

Iggie

Well-Known Fanatic
I spoke to my father in law his department has been out on fire calls the last 4 days he says that they have received some donations but not many. What they need are Gatoraid, Gatoraide packets, or bulk gatoraide powder.

He volunteers for the Cole Fire department http://www.firefightingnews.com/fdDetails-US.cfm?fdd_id=4848

Joel Clouse

El Conquistador
For those in the North OKC/Edmond area, the volunteer departments close by are: OakCliff Station 1 @ Bryant and Simmons, Oak Cliff Station 2 at Sante Fe and Charter Oak; Woodcrest at Charter Oak and Douglas; Deer Creek at Covell and Meridian.

Sooner VFD, Meridian, Cashion and Cresent are all a bit further north. Arcadia and Luther are volunteer as well.

Latest posts