Gas grill

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
I've been looking for a decent grill for the last couple of months and what I have found at the the big box stores is for the most part crap! I'm the kind of guy who want to get the most for the least amount of money but then I do know if I want something good I'm gonna have to pay for it.

Where do you grillers get your stuff here in the Okc area? I'd like to just get a big Webber charcoal grill BUT with the way things have been going and the burn bans looks like I'm going to have to go with a gas grill, as for size a 4 burner would be plenty I don't need a built in as that's for the next house.

Give me some ideas on where I can go get a grill in town with a place with good customer service if you've dealt with anyone I'd appreciate the advice. Later,

Kirk

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
You can still grill with charcoal during the burn ban you just can't have a damn camp fire.

Check out those gas assist webber charcoal grills at Westlake ACE hardware stores.

dennishoddy

Anybody tried those infrared grills at Lowes?
When I cook steaks on my Country Flame gas grill, I get it up to 500 degrees to get a good sear on the steak.

Kirk, when we started looking for our gas grill, I did the math, looking for the highest BTU per burner. Some of the 4 burner had the same total BTU's as a three, so we went with the three burner.

BTW, When we cook some really good steaks, and have the time, the webber kettle grill gets used.

Eellis

Well-Known Fanatic
You might try everything BBQ . Also look into getting a duel fuel so if you do sometime get an outdoor kitchen in your next house it would be easier to hook it up cause drilling out the orfice is not fun. And as long as it is an approved cooking container you can grill just use caution with your coals . Good luck man!

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Yes I'm an old school Charcoal guy, plus when you try to smoke something it's just not the same with gas. The reason for the 4 burner is mainly the area, keep the heat and wood on one side and keep the direct heat off the good stuff being cooked.

I've seen the dual fuel grills and yes the one I get IF I ever get to build a house or patio like I want it will be plumbed into the house, the one in Norman was plumbed thru the house and it was AWESOME to never have to change out the tanks.

Never heard of Everything BBQ but I'll do a little search and pretty sure it'll pop up, Thanks for the direction! Later,

Kirk

Dustin Cantrell

Well-Known Fanatic
Not a gas guy, but if I were, I'd look at the Weber Genesis grills. Not sure where to get them in OKC aside from Lowes and Home Depot. They might have some clearanced right now.

Just brought in some boneless skinless chicken thighs from my Weber kettle. Marinaded in mojo and then grilled, homemade tortillas, fresh pico, jack cheese, sour cream, lettuce, beans on the side. Grilling is king and I love tex mex.

Feegee

The Magic Man
I have one that is charcoal on one side and gas on the other so whatever mood you are in you have that option, and it even has a side burner. I will take some pis's tonight.

Sent from (NULL) Feegee's iPhone using Tapatalk

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Well did some looking and found out something interesting about the burn ban and outdoor cooking,

Under a burn ban Oklahoma's counties are not allowed to burn anything that can spark a wildfire. All outdoor burning is illegal including burning trash, starting a campfire or grilling with charcoal, wood or any other grill that could have exposed embers.

Anyone caught burning during a ban faces up to a $500 fine and a year in jail.

Ben I'm a tightwad but I like to just buy things once! main reason I've not bought one of the grills from the big box stores. Thanks guys! Later,

Kirk

DonC

grumpy old fat man
Kirk; i got a Master Forge from Lowes that had been an outside display and the description labels had faded so they discounted it $150.00. I got the all stainless with 48000 btu's and can easily get over 600 degrees. Bes deal ever.

MrTheBigOx

Well-Known Fanatic
Changing the crappy reg for a lpg cutting tourch one makes them work better in the wind but be careful cos you can go from rare to ash in a aweful hurry

Rick Means

Active Fanatic
I finally just went with a flat iron griddle, and it works great. I can cook pancakes, breakfast, sear steaks and then cook them to perfection, and do Stir Fry. I do have a regular grill, and it is OK. it is one from Lowes, and it was one of their better ones, but it burned out the burner quick, so I made a new one out of stainless pipe. It sucks now and the flame is not consistent. Getting a grill right is a hassle.

Latest posts