Gap in Nordic extension?

runawaygun762

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a +8 Nordic extension in my VM and I'm trying to figure out why it seems so difficult to get rounds in there quickly. I have no doubt it's a training deficiency, but in looking, there is a gap between the stock tube and the extension. The gap is noticeable enough to feel and hear when sliding a round down the tube when the gun is disassembled. Is this the way it's supposed to be, or is the bevel in the extension supposed to fit over the stock tube seamlessly?

well, its only really going to be an issue as and after the 4th and 5th shell get in there and hit the gap, unless you think the spring is getting caught. Also, powdered graphite. you need. new tubes are always kind of scratchy sounding but will smooth out w time.

also a new spring is kind of depressingly harder to load than a newer worn in spring. it will quickly take a set though, with a lil practice and use.

to answer your question, there is a little gap, but both ends are sufficiently beveled (usually) and dont usually cause problems.

also, new follower? might need polishing too.

runawaygun762

Well-Known Fanatic
So, what you're saying is, if I shut the **** up about dumb **** online and go practice more, not only will I get better, but my equipment will be easier to work with by being broken in?

David Marlow said:
So, what you're saying is, if I shut the **** up about dumb **** online and go practice more, not only will I get better, but my equipment will be easier to work with by being broken in?
youll fall behind on your Internet merit badge work, though

runawaygun762

Well-Known Fanatic
mike cyrwus said:
Let the record show I gave someone some **** here on boomer and he didnt cry or whine about it.
That's because I'm from Missouri and my mama taught me the more a man beats on you, the more he loves you.