GA: Police seek gunman who wounded 7 at crowded fair

04ctd

Well-Known Fanatic
North of North Chuck, South of Scummerville
http://www2.wsav.com/news/2012/nov/04/police-seek-gunman-who-wounded-7-at-crowded-fair-ar-4892719/

SAVANNAH, Ga. --

SAVANNAH, Ga. (AP) Police in Georgia are hunting for at least one gunman who opened fire and wounded seven people overnight at a crowded fair in Savannah.

Savannah-Chatham County police spokesman Julian Miller said Sunday that nobody was killed in the shooting at the Coastal Empire Fair late Saturday. But seven people ranging in age from 14 to 36 were taken to area hospitals with gunshot wounds.

Miller says police are still searching for a gunman who was described as wearing a dark jumpsuit, though he says it's possible there was more than one shooter. He says investigators have not determined a motive for the shootings. Police detained and questioned several people, but all of them were released.

Miller says organizers planned to reopen the fair Sunday at noon

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
sounds like al kieddy got over here and got him a gun at them evil gun shows.

damn what if they started that? ive always thought it could be them starting all the big fires we have had the passed few years.

Rosea Carpa

Well-Known Fanatic
If you think about it that would be a great idea.... Sorta along the lines of cavalry in the civil war. Harass supply lines, And just make it hard for the infantry to do their job ...... Start BIG wild fires and things like that and just cause distress all over!! When you think about it that is far better than crashing a few planes into buildings it cost more money takes more to contain it and can affect a larger area.

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
the japanese sent thousands of ballons across the pacific with insendiary bombs some time in ww2. i think it was a Discovery channel show. only part made it and less worked but someone found one that fell. the bombs went off killing them. this was years after the war, i believe.

i should find the facts firs. just giving you what i remember. i believe the assembly line used paper to make the ballons.

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic

See your ad here ? Showing results for japanese fire balloons Search instead for japanese fire ballons

..2:24
Red Rain, WWII's Best Kept Secret
by TimWendelBooks ? 4 years ago ? 29,856 views

Actual footage of the Japanese Fire Balloons or "Ballon Bombs" in flight. Narrated by Award-Winning Author and Historian ...
....21:59
Japanese Paper Balloon 1945 United States Navy Training Film World War II Fu-Go Fire Balloons
by webdev17 ? 1 month ago ? 243 views

Midnight Raver

Well-Known Fanatic
The Japanese basically used the jetstream to carry the balloons, with an altimiter that would drop their ballast weights along the way to keep it aloft across the pacific. I believe the balloons were of canvas or silk manufacture. A number of them did reach US soil, with duds found during and after. Most noted fatalities were some school children who found one after the war. They did set fires along the northern coastline.

EDIT: Decided to look it up on Wikipedia, since I was going on memory from reading about them in 1978...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_balloon

I guess I can retain SOME of my old memory banks somewhat. :mrgreen:

Latest posts