Fun with my 870

Torontogosh

Well-Known Fanatic
So, who doesn't like shotguns ? Anyway, this was a pretty basic 870 home defense gun, and I always wanted to dress it up some. In all candor, I think the new pistol grip is pretty hideous, but the gun has never fit me better. I suppose form follows function...

Anyway, I'm a bad photographer, but I figured that pics make everything better. The vast majority of this was done at East Coast, who cera-coated it, and where most of the parts came from.

IMG_0839.jpg

IMG_0841.jpg

IMG_0842.jpg

IMG_0843.jpg

IMG_0844.jpg

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
The gun looks great...They do good work at Eastcoast...and are great people...

I am afraid that I have to agree with you...that grip is "Fugly"....but, as long as it works...

When things go bump in the night...who is looking. It's just got to work...

Steve

ReefShark

Well-Known Fanatic
I like the grip! Ha! To each his own (I have been known to have weird taste) but that is a nice shotgun. Kudos...

Torontogosh

Well-Known Fanatic
There is something about these gen 2 blackhawk grips that is too "organic" to me, but, I always struggled with the guns's overall length. In it's last configuration, I always felt stretched out when handling it (it wore a Wilson fore-end and a Remington stock).

Now, despite my feelings about the looks, it really feels great and my eye line on the bead is perfect. The additional ammo holder is kinda cool too. I think to the Clint Smith axiom: You fight with whats in the gun or on the gun. I'll doubtfully ever need two reloads for a home defense shotgun, but it's nice to know that ammo won't be a major concern.

On a final note, if anyone is thinking about doing something similar, East Coast now offers a package deal on 870's and 500/590's. Tim, Kristina, and Carlin all have set ups close to this and were a ton of help.

Latest posts