Fun show in Greenville

Hamman

Well-Known Fanatic
My Dad lost his left eye in WW2.He was quite a prankster,"I'll keep an eye out for you", was one his favorite sayings.Sometimes when the time and place was right he would say it and then actually pop his glass eye out and hand it to them.It still makes me laugh when I think about the horrified expressions on my friends faces.When I was little i would put him up to it when I had a new friend,it backfired once,he popped his eye out for one of my buddies while his mom was dropping him off at my house.He turned to his Mom and she spit her dentures out into her hand,shocked the hell out of me I had no idea there was false teeth too!

Schultz

Well-Known Fanatic
LoL, I had a good friend that passed away a couple years ago that we called One Eye for that reason. He wouldn't hesitate to pop it out for folks, I used to tell him to rotate his eyeball cause it wouldn't sit straight sometimes.

Midnight Raver

Well-Known Fanatic
Wow, that Maxim looks awesome with the antiaircraft sights on it! Even better, I love the Carcano Italian carbine on the wall as well. I've often wondered which might bend first on one of those using the bayonets- the barrel or the bayonet itself! If you have fired it before, please tell us what it was like! By the way, is that a Mosin Nagant above the carbine?

Many thanks for sharing the pics, Hamman- some real nice gems in your collection there. :cool:

Schultz

Well-Known Fanatic
It was good to meet ya Hamman. Man that place was packed and when i finally left there was still a line outside.

lafayette gregory

Well-Known Fanatic
I went today. Did not see the maxim? You there on Sunday Hamman ?
Bob mentioned ya Schultz. He said it was packed in like sardines yesterday also.

Hamman

Well-Known Fanatic
Midnight Raver-I have shot only 5 rounds out of the Carcano it is scarce and pricey. Got the ammo at the flea market. It does not kick much, t hit where i was aiming. I picked it up as part of a trade and did not intend to keep it. Tried to sell it for as low as $150.00, no takers, I am not gonna give it away so I kept it for a wall hanger.
The other rifle is indeed a Mosin nagant 91/30. Made by New England Westinghouse in 1915.It also has a Finnish army property mark on the receiver. If it could talk it would probaly have an interesting story or two. They both make good conversation pieces.

Schultz, it was good to meet you as well, keep me posted on having a shoot with the Charleston bunch as I will definitely participate. I did not do much at the table till the last half hour of the show. Did the mauser go home with you?

Lafayette Gregory I did go back today but I did not set up my table or the Maxim. I was not gonna go back but my Buddy needed some parts to finish up a project.I did a little trading and buying and came out with a CZ 20 gauge NIB and a Keltec SUB 2000 9mm, both of which were on my list so it turned out good. Yesterday I picked up Carbon 15 pistol.

It is well worth it to pay 60.00 for a table and split it with a buddy.Take turns minding your table with your partner and split the cost.
1. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO WAIT IN LINE.
2. You can sell off any ammo gun parts or accessories not needed any more.
3.Sell or trade a gun or two.
4.Kinda like base camp for you and any of your friends while at the show. Gives you a place to leave your stuff so you don't have to carry it around.
5. Your in early so you can preview the goods without having to throw elbows.

Schultz

Well-Known Fanatic
Yep traded it for two PSL buttstocks and cash. I picked up some cleaning supplies and a Phantom brake from Bob @ Upstate Armory that's about it.

Midnight Raver

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome to the Forum, Silent Bob- you don't have to be silent here though! ;)

Hey Hamman, I wish that rifle COULD talk! I bet it saw some snow and some Russian targets as well during the Russo-Finnish war. Probably even more of the Russians during WWII!!!

As for the Carcano, it sure does make a better wall hanger than a shooter- you were extremely lucky just to get those 5 rounds that one time. Nice history items though. :ugeek:

Schultz

Well-Known Fanatic
Silent Bob said:
Schultz said:
I mentioned Palmetto Shooters to Bob so hopefully he will stop by.

Did ya pick up anything?

Silent Bob reporting for duty!! Thanks for telling me about this site, Shultz.

Glad ya made it Bob, Man you guys were swamped at the show, I know i pointed a couple guys your way while i was there Sat.

When ya get a chance pop down to the new user check in an tell the guys about yourself and Upstate Armory.

lafayette gregory

Well-Known Fanatic
Schultz said:
Yep traded it for two PSL buttstocks and cash. I picked up some cleaning supplies and a Phantom brake from Bob @ Upstate Armory that's about it.
We need to get us a table at the next Greenville show. I bet the crew can come up with plenty to stock the table.

lafayette gregory

Well-Known Fanatic
Silent Bob said:
Schultz said:
I mentioned Palmetto Shooters to Bob so hopefully he will stop by.

Did ya pick up anything?

Silent Bob reporting for duty!! Thanks for telling me about this site, Shultz.
Greetings BOB, Glad to see ya here, BTW- Completed my paperwork today and am off to the Sherrif dept tomorrow :D

Schultz

Well-Known Fanatic
lafayette gregory said:
Schultz said:
We need to get us a table at the next Greenville show. I bet the crew can come up with plenty to stock the table.

I'm in for that!

lafayette gregory

Well-Known Fanatic
Schultz said:
lafayette gregory said:
Schultz said:

I'm in for that!
I will check when the next show is. All ya have to do is complete a form "a rules type form" and mail a check. I think ya get two passes for each table. I checked last year but lost interest. Start puttin stuff aside now. I have a couple of the rotary racks from the vault we can use for rifles.

foxxtrot

Well-Known Fanatic
lots of folks at the show. Bought a toy....GSG 5 for fun. Bought the wife a Bersa Thunder 380 CC. Picked up 500 rounds for it online and should be shooting it next week. Wife's first gun show and she had fun touching all the guns. She started getting wild eyed and wanted to buy more, but I calmed her down. Pretty funny to watch. Anything that was shiny or really old she wanted to buy. She even gave me the OK to buy a Springfield SOCOM.

Midnight Raver

Well-Known Fanatic
foxxtrot said:
She even gave me the OK to buy a Springfield SOCOM.

A SOCOM 16?!!!

If so, I'm extremely jealous! I would die for one of those, although I wouldn't want the forward scope/optics rail setup. The stock sights it comes with would be just fine and dandy for me.

foxxtrot

Well-Known Fanatic
I was floored when she stated such and she stated it twice at different times. I asked her again on Sunday and she stated that if I really wanted it to get it. I am going to wait awhile to do some price finding.

lafayette gregory

Well-Known Fanatic
foxxtrot said:
I was floored when she stated such and she stated it twice at different times. I asked her again on Sunday and she stated that if I really wanted it to get it. I am going to wait awhile to do some price finding.
Good luck Foxxtrot! I have a M1A and a norinco. I really like them both. For shooting with iron sights at 250/300 yard the M1A is the ticket!

Latest posts