From Texas

mley1

Fanatic
Hello everyone. Martin Ley here. My friends call me Marty. I enjoy 1911's. I've owned Colts and Kimbers of various models. In the 90's I entered the Glock world. Like an idiot I sold or traded off all of my 1911's. Then I got into AR's, and have several. Going full circl, I recently got a Desert Eagle 1911G. Seems to be an excellent 1911 for the money. I look forward to chatting and reading here on the forums.

Attachments

• DCE2F53C-3A7B-4B29-9B81-70EF431273E8.jpeg
    DCE2F53C-3A7B-4B29-9B81-70EF431273E8.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 7

Whit

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Welcome from northern Indiana enjoy the conversation

Rusty Guns

Active Fanatic
Welcome to The Group Marty.
I started out with 1911s back in the 70's. Before I got out of the Sheriffs Academy, I switched from a S&W mod 66, 357,to a Colt Commander. A Gift from a Retired Texas Ranger. It was old, and beat up a little, some of the Bluing was worn off, But She could shoot, and did it good. That was the best Colt I ever owned. Since hen I have had four new Colts, two Full size, and another Commander, but nove of them were near as good.
I have had several Springfields, S&Ws, and Rock Islands. The Rock Islands were the Best Right out of the Box 1911s of them all. I Traded off my last 1911, about a year ago. It was a Rock Island Rock Series Compact, same size as the Colt Officers. That was a fine shooting 1911, and a good size to carry, same size as a Glock G-19/23.
Now All my pistols are Glocks, except for one S&W 66, 2 1/2" Snubby, and My Wifes 2" Stainless Ruger.
A couple of years ago I gave our Daughter a G-19, and she loved it.
Someone had let her shoot a Kimber 45, and she liked it. Now she wants a Kimber too. I might get her a Kimber, and me a Rock Island. I could Get two Rocks for the price of one Kimber. Back when I was competing, the Rocks held up better than the Kimbers.
Sorry I got so long winded.
Welcome.

mley1

Fanatic
Welcome to The Group Marty.
I started out with 1911s back in the 70's. Before I got out of the Sheriffs Academy, I switched from a S&W mod 66, 357,to a Colt Commander. A Gift from a Retired Texas Ranger. It was old, and beat up a little, some of the Bluing was worn off, But She could shoot, and did it good. That was the best Colt I ever owned. Since hen I have had four new Colts, two Full size, and another Commander, but nove of them were near as good.
I have had several Springfields, S&Ws, and Rock Islands. The Rock Islands were the Best Right out of the Box 1911s of them all. I Traded off my last 1911, about a year ago. It was a Rock Island Rock Series Compact, same size as the Colt Officers. That was a fine shooting 1911, and a good size to carry, same size as a Glock G-19/23.
Now All my pistols are Glocks, except for one S&W 66, 2 1/2" Snubby, and My Wifes 2" Stainless Ruger.
A couple of years ago I gave our Daughter a G-19, and she loved it.
Someone had let her shoot a Kimber 45, and she liked it. Now she wants a Kimber too. I might get her a Kimber, and me a Rock Island. I could Get two Rocks for the price of one Kimber. Back when I was competing, the Rocks held up better than the Kimbers.
Sorry I got so long winded.
Welcome.
My first 1911 was a Colt MK IV Series 70, nickel plated. It was a really nice pistol. It was around 1984. I was a correctional officer for Texas. I too now enjoy and shoot some Glocks. My main carry gun is a Glock 48 with the new Shield Arms S15 mags. Gives it the same capacity as the 19, but in a thinner and lighter pistol.

For the shear joy of shooting, you just can't beat a 1911 with a good trigger. This Desert Eagle 1911G has the best out of box trigger of any handgun I've owned. It's a joy to shoot.