forum rook

GodnCountry65

Fanatic
Evening folks, I am a member of tri city gun club in Norman/Goldsby. Just started posting today, I was wondering about the three gun matches at okcgc. We don't have it at ours yet, can a non member come out and play? i used to do cowboy action out there on a monthly basis a few years back, but stepped into the modern era with what I have now. What is a good resource to learn what a noob would need to get started? Thanks!

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Anybody can come play with us. In fact we are shooting this Saturday. The best place to learn more about 3 gun is right here. What type of rifle shotgun and pistol do you currently have?

GodnCountry65

Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
Anybody can come play with us. In fact we are shooting this Saturday. The best place to learn more about 3 gun is right here. What type of rifle shotgun and pistol do you currently have?

I have a dpms AR and a sig2022 or G23. Only shotgun is a mossberg 12ga pump that I use for skeet. what time and range is the match on this weekend? Maybe I can check it out and run to the gun show after to pick up needed supplies!

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
I have a dpms AR and a sig2022 or G23. Only shotgun is a mossberg 12ga pump that I use for skeet. what time and range is the match on this weekend? Maybe I can check it out and run to the gun show after to pick up needed supplies!

Either pistol will do just fine, just make sure to have a couple extra mags, a mag holder and of course a holster. You'll want to have a couple shotshell caddy's for the shotgun. If you don't already have some, there are usually people out there willing to share. I only have two 6 rounders but I'm willing to share back and forth with you if you'd like to. Send a PM if interested.
The best place local for 3-gun supplies is Make Ready Pro Shop, the owner is Wall on this site and he'll be out there. If you need some stuff for the match send him a PM and he'll probably bring the stuff to the match with you.
Other than that... Good luck and happy shooting :D

jtischauser

I don't think you will find too much of anything you need for 3 gun at the gun show. I need to research what model that SIG is but bring whatever pistol holds the most bullets and/or is most accurate. I'll bring you some caddies that you can use. I'll have a few shotguns on hand that you can shoot as well. Bring 100 rounds of each gun even though you will probably only need about 50 each. Better safe than sorry.

GodnCountry65

Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
Do you have a holster and mag pouches for either of the pistols?

I have to get a holster for the pistols actually. I think I will just come out and watch this weekend since I don't quite have everything nor the financial ability to run and get it all this week. I want to see what it takes and plan on attempting the next one. Thanks for being so helpful already.

jtischauser

Well plan on at least shooting a stage with my guns then. You can't just hang out at the crack house you gotta try a little.

GodnCountry65

Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
It was good meeting you yesterday Brett. See u at the next match.

Yeah, nice to put a face to a name. Thanks for all the info you provided. I learned a lot in that short amount of time, I had no clue how it was scored before yesterday. I was gonna hollar before I left, but you were running the timer and we had to go get my kids. I am already getting prepared for the next match.

jtischauser

Let us know if you have any other questions. Its much better to ask now rather than after the timer goes off.

Latest posts