Footwear

Well my Merrel boots didn't really work this weekend on gravel. I took a dive but fortunately kept control of the weapon and didn't get DQ'd. I definitely don't want this to happen again so I was looking for some recommendations for cleats on gravel or DG base. Video included for your entertainment...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D6-rFZPtnY

Robaire Pullicar

arch-nemesis
Nice! I saw a picture of a guy face planting in what looks to be a mock bridge or something with his ar in his hand. I think it was at the 3 gun nation match in Tulsa not sure though. At least you kept control of the weapon!

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
R.Pullicar.jr said:
I use salomon speedcross 3. Looks almost identical to the spikecross
They are pretty much the same except spike cross have metal spikes in the sole.

Adidas Kanadia Trail are good too.

Thanks for the heads up on Salmon Spike Cross Jesse. Unfortunately I didn't do a barrel roll (probably would have broken the 180 if I did) but the first thing my squad mates told me was I looked awesome falling :p. I also had the 2nd highest time for my division on the stage for some reason too.

Sundance74

Well-Known Fanatic
I just got a pair of Innov8 Gore-Tex hikers. Super lightweight (both weigh less than one of my Keens), water and dust proof with aggressive grippy tread that's soft enough to work on concrete or plywood. They're a mid style hiker that's like a barefoot shoe. I ordered a half size larger because I've got wide feet and they fit just right.

Robaire Pullicar

arch-nemesis
I just got a pair of Innov8 Gore-Tex hikers. Super lightweight (both weigh less than one of my Keens), water and dust proof with aggressive grippy tread that's soft enough to work on concrete or plywood. They're a mid style hiker that's like a barefoot shoe. I ordered a half size larger because I've got wide feet and they fit just right.
I hadn't heard of this brand before but I just looked them up and they look pretty sweet I'll definitely be buying some soon. Probably the bare grip 200

cajunautoxer

Well-Known Fanatic
Nice! I saw a picture of a guy face planting in what looks to be a mock bridge or something with his ar in his hand. I think it was at the 3 gun nation match in Tulsa not sure though. At least you kept control of the weapon!

They had a guy do that at Texas multi gun match. He was entering a house running up a ramp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jacketjoed

Fanatic
Started with baseball cleats but found that the hard plastic teeth on them made for ice skates when you try and hit the breaks on concrete. Ate it hard on a stage that had the shotgun staged on a concrete pad after spiniting from another bay. Now I have the salomon speed cross 3 cs and i love them.

Thanks for all the feedback. I'm really starting to look at the speedcross now. Any issues when running on wood or hard surfaces. My main concern with baseball cleats is slipping on hard surfaces which is why I'm starting to move away from that idea.

charger arms

Ask Me About My Cocker Spaniels
charbonneau482 said:
Thanks for all the feedback. I'm really starting to look at the speedcross now. Any issues when running on wood or hard surfaces. My main concern with baseball cleats is slipping on hard surfaces which is why I'm starting to move away from that idea.
Get them and join the cool guy club. Had mine for 2 years now and they have not caused any issue on various surfaces including concrete indoor ranges. The lugs are soft enough to grip, unlike hard plastic cleats.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Speed cross don't have spikes. Spike cross have metal in the bottom. The speed cross are simply an aggressive tread. Not much more than a lot of much cheaper adidas trail shoes. IMHO it's spike cross or adidas based on $ for what you get.