Fixing electronics

lafayette gregory

Well-Known Fanatic
Anyone in the UPstate know someone who can fix a Garmin GPS.
Looks like the connection at the cable input has lost its connection and will not recharge anymore.

Schultz

Well-Known Fanatic
Have you tried contacting Garmin? They should have a list of sorts of recommended repair facility's or they might even warranty it.

lafayette gregory

Well-Known Fanatic
Schultz said:
Have you tried contacting Garmin? They should have a list of sorts of recommended repair facility's or they might even warranty it.
Yep - They will repair or replace it for 89.00. Thats their standard rate.
For about 150.00 I can replace if for one with most of the options this one has. But to replace the one I have, for a new one with the same options, would cost about 300.00.
It should be a minor fix for someone who is into that type thing.
I have already bought one to replace it.
A very simple one that gets you where ya wanta go. But it would be nice to have my old one fixed. I might try and fix it myself. Nothing to lose by trying ;)

Schultz

Well-Known Fanatic
Well you might try a computer guy. Maybe next time your at the flea market ask one of the guys there, Could be an easy fix for one of them and maybe only cost a couple bucks.

lafayette gregory

Well-Known Fanatic
Schultz said:
Well you might try a computer guy. Maybe next time your at the flea market ask one of the guys there, Could be an easy fix for one of them and maybe only cost a couple bucks.
Didn't think about the flea market :shock: That sounds like a good idea. Thanks

Latest posts