Fixed stock options

Bob Sanders

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm not a real fan of the mil spec adjustable stock on my carbine. I like the looks of Magpul MOE fixed stock for carbine length buffer tubes, plus it's a slip on installation. But, I can't find any LOP specs. I also like the MOE rifle stock, but have to change buffer tube. Same with the Ace Skeleton stock, which I like as well. Does anyone have any experience with the carbine fixed stock?
Thanks

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Vltor rifle stock. The LOP of the two options are listed on their website and they can work with the carbine buffer tube.

Bob Sanders

Well-Known Fanatic
Jeremy Moore said:
The MOE fixed carbine is about the same length as a 6 position collapsible in the 2nd position, about 12-12 1/2" inches
2nd position from fully extended or collapsed?

nikatkimber

Well-Known Fanatic
Matt Rigsby said:
Vltor rifle stock. The LOP of the two options are listed on their website and they can work with the carbine buffer tube.
This. Love mine.

IMG_8936_Small_zps879fe1f5.jpg

Avezorak

.22 LR
I have an MOE fixed carbine stock on one of my lowers. Its great with irons or a 1x rds. Its around the 2nd position from collapsed, pretty short, too short for a magnified optic IMO

kaiserb

Well-Known Fanatic
Avezorak said:
I have an MOE fixed carbine stock on one of my lowers. Its great with irons or a 1x rds. Its around the 2nd position from collapsed, pretty short, too short for a magnified optic IMO

I have both a MOE fixed (A1) and an Ace Skeleton.(A2) stock. Surprisingly the MOE and the ACE are within 1/2" of length of each other. The ACE is slightly longer. I was expecting the ACE to be about an inch longer than the MOE.

Bob Sanders

Well-Known Fanatic
I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and get an MOE fixed or Skeleton and a different buffer tube. VLTOR just doesn't speak to me.

Latest posts