Five New Oklahoma Firearm Laws Go Into Effect Today

dennishoddy

B. Any person, who knowingly solicits, persuades, encourages or entices a licensed dealer or private seller of firearms or ammunition to transfer a firearm or ammunition under circumstances which the person knows would violate the laws of this state or the United States is guilty of a felony.

C. Any person who provides to a licensed dealer or private seller of firearms or ammunition what the person knows to be materially false information with intent to deceive the dealer or seller about the legality of a transfer of a firearm or ammunition is guilty of a felony.

As I understand it, this is already against the law.
Just a rewording, or an upgrade to a felony vs misdemeanor?
I always thought it was a felony to start with.

The new law to allow guns in Technology centers is way past due. How many school shooting have we seen in the past?
Teachers should be allowed to carry.

Shooters know its a free fire zone in a school area. When it the public going to see this?

An armed teacher, with training, could have stopped the Columbine shootings before it got so bad.

Hell, we allow airline pilots to be armed now, when is the last time you've seen a hijacking?
The criminals/terrorists know that anyplace arms are allowed is no longer a "soft target".

modify_inline.gif

B. Any person, who knowingly solicits, persuades, encourages or entices a licensed dealer or private seller of firearms or ammunition to transfer a firearm or ammunition under circumstances which the person knows would violate the laws of this state or the United States is guilty of a felony.

C. Any person who provides to a licensed dealer or private seller of firearms or ammunition what the person knows to be materially false information with intent to deceive the dealer or seller about the legality of a transfer of a firearm or ammunition is guilty of a felony.

As I understand it, this is already against the law.
Just a rewording, or an upgrade to a felony vs misdemeanor?
I always thought it was a felony to start with.

Already against the law, but this adds a second charge - something Oklahoma is very fond of. See: doors on a house or room that a felony takes place behind and impedes officers.

The new law to allow guns in Technology centers is way past due. How many school shooting have we seen in the past?
Teachers should be allowed to carry.

Shooters know its a free fire zone in a school area. When it the public going to see this?

This. Like I said, that was my favorite that actually passed. Also note that you are allowed to request permission from administration to carry outside your vehicle. Basically, tech centers are treated as colleges now.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Finally gets rid of WOSC/ Altus VOTEC shared parking lot dilemma, too.
I always parked way around the college to be sure I could not possibly be on VOTEC, and left by the north exit.

The differentiation between college and Votech in the old law was silly. I am glad that got changed

Latest posts