fitted match barrels

OUshooter

Well-Known Fanatic
Doing the cost analysis it is pretty apparent that swapping out my stock g35 barrel with an aftermarket will pay for itself pretty quickly.

So my questions are:

1) what is involved with fitting a barrel?
2) ballpark # of rounds before the gun loosens up enough to compete with?

I'd like to avoid the lead in a stock glock barrel debate for the purposes of this thread.

Ill assume you know you can get drop in barrels that are basically swappable, and they are usually at of slightly better than the accuracy you can get out of a glock stock barrel.

When you get a oversized barrel, you need to check the dimensions of the oversized barrel with the slide and frame's locking points.
Properly fitted, a match barrel will run as reliably as the stock barrel, provided you keep up on its cleaning and lubrication.

The gun shouldnt loosen up significantly during its life span, if you have a quality barrel and its fit well.

Chambers

actual GM
Not to derail the thread, Mike...but do you have any feedback on those modified M&P barrels you showed me the other day?

The reason I ask is...I banged up my factory barrel and ordered a drop in Storm Lake semi drop-in. I definitely want it welded/fitted if you got that all figured out. ??? Also thinking of swapping the Novak front to a Dawson...

Latest posts