Fishing in and around Edmond

1OKshooter

Well-Known Fanatic
Anybody have any spots they like to talk about, for public fishing around Edmond. I like Cat fishing, Large mouth, and crappie fishing and I like the north fork the best.

dennishoddy

As I'm from Ponca I don't get around fishing in that part of the state much, but have friends that fish Hefner pretty regular. One goes after dark along the rip rap and catches some saugeye. Don't know exactly where.
As far as catfish, he pretty much loads up and comes to Kaw lake to do some jug line fishing. The blue cat population in Kaw is very healthy. Lake record is 60 some pounds.

1OKshooter

Well-Known Fanatic
As I'm from Ponca I don't get around fishing in that part of the state much, but have friends that fish Hefner pretty regular. One goes after dark along the rip rap and catches some saugeye. Don't know exactly where.
As far as catfish, he pretty much loads up and comes to Kaw lake to do some jug line fishing. The blue cat population in Kaw is very healthy. Lake record is 60 some pounds.
I will have to go to Kaw this year!! Another month or so and we can break out for some walleye spawn fishing at lake Cickasha. I haven't had much luck at Hefner Lake, I think it is over fished by the city dwellers.

[email protected]

Well-Known Fanatic
The best fishing in Edmond is in some of the ponds around town. The bass get very little pressure, the old black and yellow beetle spin on light tackle is hard to beat. I have caught several over 5 and one that might go 8.

argyle64

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm a huge fan of the ponds around the newer neighborhoods in Edmond. I pretty much exclusively use Blue Fox Super Vibrax and Blue Fox Minnow Spins.

1OKshooter

Well-Known Fanatic
Good to know, I have been mainly fishing the North Fork south of Arcadia Lake, The cats are nice there and the large mouth great from late April til mid June!

Dieseltech09

Well-Known Fanatic
Just FYI most Neighborhood ponds in Edmond are considered private property owned by the Home Owners Association. Not saying anyone will question you but some of them are posted.

argyle64

Well-Known Fanatic
I fish in those ponds as a guest of a resident. I know everyone!!!!!

Latest posts