First Post from behind the lines in maryland ( I never capitalize the name of this place)

BillBro68

Well-Known Fanatic
Just wanted to say hey to all. Just joined up here because I'm tired of wading through the bullshit on the other site.

Anyway, I'm an Army vet who obviously loves the 1911 platform and many other guns as well but the 1911 has always held a special place in my heart. Isnt it weird how an inanimate object can be so beautiful to the eye? With revolvers it's a 3 1/2" S&W M27, auto loaders a 1911. Sadly I currently only own 2 (I know, I know, have to do something about that), a Dan Wesson Valor in 45acp and a Dan Wesson Silverback in 10mm, serious horsepower there as JM would say. I really enjoy shooting them both, love my revolvers too though, and my ARs, and my lever guns, and my bolt guns...... ah hell, I just live my guns.

Happy to make y'alls acquaintance.

Bill

Last edited:

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome Bill, I too love most all firearms. Thank you for your service from one US Army veteran to another, enjoy the conversation.

Auto loaders m1911 and Hi-Power (also own a g19 = tool) ,short barreled da/sa revolvers, a single action 44special for going "western". Bolt rifles, winnie lever guns, modern black rifles, pump shotties, well you get the picture.

BillBro68

Well-Known Fanatic
Thank y'all. Just want to make this clear, I'm not from maryland but Lord please help me this is where we've ended up, for now anyway. I'm a WV boy, always will be
You cant imagine moving to hell from heaven. Funny how big a difference 6 hours travel time can make. It's not my intention to offend any native marylanders here, I just was raised amongst a much better class of loosers.

I recognize a few of you from another 1911 site, seems I wasnt the only one who just got sick of the PC crap that has permeated that place.

ButchA

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome from VA. This variation of all the 1911 forums is one of the best out there. Lots of names from TOOS, TOOOS, etc... are here now.
DSC_0148.JPG

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Welcome from VA. This variation of all the 1911 forums is one of the best out there. Lots of names from TOOS, TOOOS, etc... are here now.
View attachment 7844
I recognize you from one of the other forums. I remembered that you are from VA. I'm close by in NC. You are the type that fits in well here. I hope a handful of those others at the other forum stay right there.

This forum is slowly growing. There is a core group of regulars here who seem to be really great Americans who share a passion for all things dealing with firearms....and many other things. In addition, the man that runs this forum is a great guy and we try to take care of this place out of respect for him. Please consider becoming a Fanatic Family member. We all need to contribute to keeping this great forum around.

BillBro68

Well-Known Fanatic
Actually I am from WEST Virginia, not western Va but that's ok just do cause me of being from maryland and well get along fine.

BillBro68

Well-Known Fanatic
Talking about BS on other sites, I think some of the worst are the CZforum and the S&W forum, wow, what a bunch of, well, wont say it but damn. On the S&W forum I had something posted for sale in the classified section and a fellow wrote about it via pm but I had deleted it by mistake so I posted again to the original message for him to pm me again and got this big long warning from the mod about excessive thread bumping. What??
The CZ forum is way too pc for me, they have language police so you had better watch what language you use. You can't even substitute alternative symbols for curse words, not even for damn or piss, cant use the word crap for number 2. Got warnings for those there too. Yep, everybody is offended by something these days. That's why I dont talk much, I dont post much, I'm actually quite introverted , I watch, listen and stay in the background mostly.

Whit

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Just wanted to say hey to all. Just joined up here because I'm tired of wading through the bullshit on the other site.

Anyway, I'm an Army vet who obviously loves the 1911 platform and many other guns as well but the 1911 has always held a special place in my heart. Isnt it weird how an inanimate object can be so beautiful to the eye? With revolvers it's a 3 1/2" S&W M27, auto loaders a 1911. Sadly I currently only own 2 (I know, I know, have to do something about that), a Dan Wesson Valor in 45acp and a Dan Wesson Silverback in 10mm, serious horsepower there as JM would say. I really enjoy shooting them both, love my revolvers too though, and my ARs, and my lever guns, and my bolt guns...... ah hell, I just live my guns.

Happy to make y'alls acquaintance.

Bill
Welcome from Northern Indiana, enjoy the conversation.

Latest posts