Fireclean suing Vuurwapen Blog

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
Report from soldiersystems:

http://soldiersystems.net/2016/03/31/fireclean-llc-sues-andrew-tuohy-and-everett-baker-in-federal-court/

At the heart of this issue is whether the bloggers’ posts are protected by the First Amendment or if
their actions were intentionally misleading. Fireclean alleges multiple counts of defamation against Tuohy and a single count
against Baker as well as violation of the Virginia Business Conspiracy Act and Common Law Conspiracy. They are demanding a jury
trial and compensatory damages, presumed damages for defamation, punitive damages in addition to court costs and attorney’s fees.
Original post on Vuurapen itself:

http://www.vuurwapenblog.com/uncategorized/fireclean-sues-over-vuurwapenblog-articles/

A major thrust of their suit is that I claimed or implied their product was Crisco. If you will recall from the first article,
I clearly stated “I did not â€" and still do not â€" believe that FireClean is Crisco…”

When TFB posted an article titled in part “FireClean is Crisco,” I urged the author to change his title and commented publicly on the article that, again,
I did not think FireClean was Crisco.

There are obviously issues with their other claims in the complaint, but that is one I felt needed to be addressed immediately.

Furthermore, the series of articles published here contained tests from three different laboratories, and I published every bit of
available data and every relevant quote from those who reviewed the data. FireClean’s legal complaint contains a redacted
(missing the full spectra) NMR test from a single laboratory.
There's no question that Vuurwapen's Fireclean posts have damaged Fireclean's reputation, but I don't think the original blog ever
posted anything false. I haven't read the suit but my impression is that they're more reacting to people who
reposted/paraphrased Vuurwapen's posts than they are the original post. I also think they're just butthurt.

E: I should add a warning to avoid reading the comments on the Soldier Systems post unless you want brain cancer.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
Jesse Tischauser said:
strong butthurt
Most Internet butthurt results in threats of lawsuits/asskickings, but when it comes down to it most people never actually want to pay a lawyer.
The worst that usually happens is that some neckbeard anon from 4chan goes all Internet Detective and doxxes you.

This outcome is unprecedented in my experience.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
dr poopgiggle said:
Most Internet butthurt results in threats of lawsuits/asskickings, but when it comes down to it most people never actually want to pay a lawyer.
The worst that usually happens is that some neckbeard anon from 4chan goes all Internet Detective and doxxes you.

This outcome is unprecedented in my experience.
They must have had sales go straight to zero after all the bad press.

michaelclm

Banned from the timer
They were down $25k/month I believe, in the time since that blog post came out. It sounds like they had actual scientists perform independent testing in a (gasp) certified lab. From all appearances that's not what the blogger did. Ultimately it's on that guy to carry the burden of proof into a courtroom to substantiate his claims. If his science was garbage, and he injured them with it, I hope he pays dearly for it.

Latest posts