Firearm Protection Act (WY)

Wildcat

Well-Known Fanatic
I really like (2)

4. Any federal law, rule, regulation, or order created or effective on or after January 1, 2013 shall be unenforceable in the state of Missouri if the law, rule, regulation, or order attempts to:
(1) Ban or restrict ownership of a semi-automatic firearm or any magazine of a firearm; or
(2) Require any firearm, magazine, or other firearm accessory to be registered in any manner.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Matt Washburn said:
I really like (2)

4. Any federal law, rule, regulation, or order created or effective on or after January 1, 2013 shall be unenforceable in the state of Missouri if the law, rule, regulation, or order attempts to:
(1) Ban or restrict ownership of a semi-automatic firearm or any magazine of a firearm; or
(2) Require any firearm, magazine, or other firearm accessory to be registered in any manner.
F/A

dennishoddy

Its great that this legislation has been introduced.

I'm thinking though that the feds have such a strangle hold on the states that they would beat them into submission in the form of matching highway funds, pork barrel spending in the state, that everybody bitches about but loves to see in their district, etc.

Every time that one of the states balks at some federal rule that comes out, they threaten to withhold funds, and the states fold.

I don't see anything different now.

I hope I'm wrong.

OlSlyGuy

Well-Known Fanatic
Its great that this legislation has been introduced.

I'm thinking though that the feds have such a strangle hold on the states that they would beat them into submission in the form of matching highway funds, pork barrel spending in the state, that everybody bitches about but loves to see in their district, etc.

Every time that one of the states balks at some federal rule that comes out, they threaten to withhold funds, and the states fold.

I don't see anything different now.

I hope I'm wrong.

Oklahoma and Texas have a surplus of funds. No reason to think we would cave to federal pressure.

StealthESW

Well-Known Fanatic
Brent Akin said:
A similar bill was also introduced in the House.
Are you referring to the as yet undefined bills HB1790 and HB2022? I think these are placeholders that may be used later. Nothing has actually been added to these bills that defines what they will be for, other than the titles being Oklahoma Firearms Act of 2013.

I have been unable to find any other House Bills that refer to a 2nd Amendment protection act. The Senate Bill SB548 is the only one I see that is on the docket for reading on 4 February 2013.

WideLoadTimmy

Well-Known Fanatic
Brent Akin said:
A similar bill was also introduced in the House.
StealthESW said:
Are you referring to the as yet undefined bills HB1790 and HB2022? I think these are placeholders that may be used later. Nothing has actually been added to these bills that defines what they will be for, other than the titles being Oklahoma Firearms Act of 2013.

I have been unable to find any other House Bills that refer to a 2nd Amendment protection act. The Senate Bill SB548 is the only one I see that is on the docket for reading on 4 February 2013.
It all seems like steps in the right direction, IMO.

nikatkimber

Well-Known Fanatic
StealthESW said:

HB2021 seems to be a similar bill. It is one of the Oklahoma Firearms Act of 2013 bills, but it actually has text in it.

sefentress

Well-Known Fanatic
The proposed legislative bills are a nice step, a first step, now we need to have county sheriffs, police chiefs, Nat'l guard leaders and others publicly state they are going to uphold the US Constitution as wrritten and will not enforce or allow to be enforced any illegal firearms laws or other non constitutional laws.

WideLoadTimmy

Well-Known Fanatic
Tenxer said:
The proposed legislative bills are a nice step, a first step, now we need to have county sheriffs, police chiefs, Nat'l guard leaders and others publicly state they are going to uphold the US Constitution as wrritten and will not enforce or allow to be enforced any illegal firearms laws or other non constitutional laws.
Amen!

Latest posts