Colt Finally joined the cool kids Colt Club

awp101

Well-Known Fanatic
I posted "over there" a couple of weeks ago about 9mm Lightweight Defender (Model 07002DSE IIRC) a local shop had in the used case and the consensus was it was too high. It looked like new except for the barrel hood wear and we confirmed it had the case and 2 mags with it. It actually looks like someone bought it, ran a few mags through it (at most) and put it away or traded it in right away. I looked at it a couple more times over the past couple of weeks and made it known I was ready to re-home it when they got right on the price. We were finally able to agree on a right price mostly including an AR pistol I built for short money. SN is in the 9DR07 range and there's no fired case envelope, any idea of a DoB?

No range time yet and this weekend looks like a washout so here's the best I can do for a pic...

dakota1911

Well-Known Fanatic
You can go to the Colt website and try plugging in your serial number into their online lookup. I tried 9DR07123 and it was not there but 9DR03123 was made in 2011. Interesting that when I plugged in the serial number for 9mm Defender which I bought in 2010 and has a serial number in the form of 9DR01xxx it is not in there either. Anyway the Colt serial number lookup site......

https://www.colt.com/serial-lookup

awp101

Well-Known Fanatic

First trip out and I got mixed results. The good news is it ate the 115g FMJ training ammo as well as the 115g HP from Ammo Valley I've been using. The mediocre news is I shoot my Shield and M&P9c better at 7yds. I think the Colt feels better though and will continue to work with it to see if I can improve with it.

And my SN isn't found on the Colt website so I'll have to call one of these days.