Finally got my Dissy put together

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
Ive been thinking of putting a dissiapator together for quite a while. I had one years ago and parted it out. This one is a mutt of sorts. PSA upper, Surefire muzzle device, Knights M5 RAS, Spikes lower, SD-C trigger, VLTOR A5 buffer system, Colt carry handle & foliage green furniture.

78D0E639-0D00-4747-8EE1-114990C5B2DF.jpeg

awp101

Well-Known Fanatic
Nice! I've been thinking about building one since I saw this pic last weekend:
Kuki fighter with a UBR-patterned AR15-derivative.jpg

I can't abide a regular quad rail but if I could find a slim version...

awp101

Well-Known Fanatic
It probably is. It was in a story at TFB on fake and airsoft Magpul furniture showing up on the weapons of various factions fighting in Burma Myanmar so there's no pesky length restrictions and it may not even be a Colt.

Maybe I'll do a 10.5" build with a pinned and welded XM177 or similar flash hider...so help me planning AR builds is like crack laced Barbie dolls for men.o_O

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
Bless you are going to SBR it, I think you need a 11.5" barrel to get to 16"+ with a XM177 clone moderator.

The SBA3 brace is an awesome piece if you want to build it as a pistol

awp101

Well-Known Fanatic
Correct, it would have to be 11.5"+5.5" FH unless someone makes a 6.5". I posted that just after getting to work and the coffee hadn't quite kicked in yet.:D

Thanks for the SB3A info. I've read the originals were sort of squishy and would partially collapse under recoil, is that not the case with the 3A? I like the Tailhook but I'm willing to try the SB.

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
Not the case with the SBA3

I'll tell you this, if you buy one and don't like it after the 1st range trip, I'll buy it for what you paid for it.

I was going to build one an upper with one of those clone moderators sitting iron a shelf.