Finally, figured out how to mount an Atlas!

JRSherman

Well-Known Fanatic
I need a job lol. Just going to school ain't cutting it!

I bought a Savage 10FCP McMillan recently, and have been trying to figure out how to put an Atlas bipod on it. I know I could do cheaper with a Harris or otherwise, but I've been reading the testimonies on SnipersHide and Atlas has very few complaints, and they're rectified ASAP so it seems.

Only problem was, I couldn't figure out how I was going to mount it, since it requires(as best I can figure) a picatinny rail or another modification that's only for an Accuracy International stock.

After reading and reading through posts on SH, I found a recommendation:
Seekins Precision Sling Rail System

Looks like I'll be one step closer to a good rifle soon! Just gotta save up for the Atlas bipod and a Bushnell Elite now!

pyplynr

Well-Known Fanatic
Seekins Prec. have great products. I have Glen's base and rings keeping my Nightforce on my Rem 700. Seekins now has a Savage base also. I've been eyeing the Atlas myself but I already had an extra Harris. When you get the Bushnell let me know how you like it. I'm putting together another AR and I'm gonna need glass for it.

JRSherman

Well-Known Fanatic
You may be waiting awhile for the report on the Bushnell. I'm probably going to go ahead and get that Seekins SRS and have it mounted and ready for the Atlas.

Thing I like about the Atlas' looks is that it's so streamlined compared to the Harris bipods. I know it doesn't have quite the height ability normally(there are leg extensions), it'll be awhile before that matters too much for me, more than likely.

I got a few things I'm going to try and sell so I can get the Bushnell and the Atlas, hopefully at the same time. We'll see I guess.

Glocktogo

Well-Known Fanatic
Seekins Prec. have great products. I have Glen's base and rings keeping my Nightforce on my Rem 700. Seekins now has a Savage base also. I've been eyeing the Atlas myself but I already had an extra Harris. When you get the Bushnell let me know how you like it. I'm putting together another AR and I'm gonna need glass for it.

I should be picking up my Noveske Rogue Hunter today and mounting the Elite 6500 2.5-16X Tactical I have sitting at home tonight. It will be this weekend before I can get it sighted in, but I'll try to report on it when I'm done.

JRSherman

Well-Known Fanatic
Looking forward to your report Jerry! I think I'm going to start selling things that only pique my interest so I can buy things that might help keep my interests alive. . .

Glocktogo

Well-Known Fanatic
Looking forward to your report Jerry! I think I'm going to start selling things that only pique my interest so I can buy things that might help keep my interests alive. . .

That's what I've been doing, selling off quantity and improving the quality of my remaining inventory. :)

JRSherman

Well-Known Fanatic
Any report yet on the 6500? I'm really looking into them now, although a 4200 isn't a far stretch for what I'll be able to spend. . .

pyplynr

Well-Known Fanatic
I don't know what your wanting to spend but MidwayUSA has a promo code for the FFP 4200 of $250 off. The promo code is 4200

here are the 2 for the promo
http://www.midwayusa.com/Search/#bushnell%204200%201%2F10____-_1-2-4_8-16-32

Here is the link where I seen the promo code
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2216194&gonew=1#UNREAD

JRSherman

Well-Known Fanatic
Yeah I saw that on the Hide, which is why I was wondering about how Jerry's performed.

I really wish the search engine worked better on the Hide. Maybe it's just me, but I can't search anything in particular and not have to dig through 8+ pages of crap because I added one general use word to the mix.

pyplynr

Well-Known Fanatic
Save this to your favorites for the hide http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=010955838166721108978:qcbx5qqy10o&hl=en It's a better one

JRSherman

Well-Known Fanatic
God I owe you big for that, that's soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much easier! Thanks man!

Glocktogo

Well-Known Fanatic
Sorry for the delay, the 6500 is mounted, sighted in and shot it's first match. So far it has performed flawlessly and met all of my expectations. It returns precisely to zero when adjusting between suppressed and unsuppressed, but I haven't had an opportunity to perform the box test yet. All adjustments are crisp and precise, but I do wish it had a zero stop for quick use in low light. It's a hell of a lot of scope for the money. It's not a NF or S&B, but it will do exactly what I need it to do for the money I had budgeted. Overall, I like it better than my previous "best" scope, which was a Leupold Long Range M3.

JRSherman

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks for the update! I had planned on going with the 6500, but I realllllly want to take advantage of the $250 promo. If I do it's going to be for the 6-24x50 though. If I'm going to go $610, why not just suck it up and go $750? My wife will kill me if I don't cover it up good anyway :angry: .

Something I've been trying to pay attention to is the field of view for different magnifications. Though I haven't got any real experience, and I don't see much talk about it, it seems to me that you'd want that to be as low as possible at the higher magnification, while still maintaining steadiness in your setup. Steadiness has more to do with stance, bipod stability, etc., but I think for my first scope I want something that narrows my field of view at longer ranges.

Glocktogo

Well-Known Fanatic
Field of view is king, the more the better. It allows you to more quickly locate your target in the tube and greatly aids transitions. It will also give you a better view of what's around your target, which may be critical if what you think is a safe shot, really isn't.

JRSherman

Well-Known Fanatic
I think I changed my mind yet again too. I got to looking around after I decided I would spend $750, and Midway has Vortex's new Viper PST 6-24x50 for that price. It doesn't really matter that if I ordered it now it'd be on backorder until Feb probably, since what I'm trying to sell isn't selling so far. Luck of the draw I guess.

pyplynr

Well-Known Fanatic
The Viper PST for $750 isn't FFP. Just so ya know. The FFP Vipers are around $900

JRSherman

Well-Known Fanatic
Damn. Why ya always gotta be right? :lol:

Oh well, back to the Bushnell I guess hehe. Too many things to read on an advertisers page, and you miss one little thing . . .Thanks alot though, I would've been a little upset. The guys on the hide even missed that. . .

Latest posts