Favorite Drills? Modified FBI Drill

Centuriator

Well-Known Fanatic
I really enjoy using timed drill to challenge myself at the gun club. The timer never lies and the challenge of pushing yourself and competing against yourself is something I find extremely satisfying.

Here is a video demonstration of a great drill and it's pretty darn impressive that Ken Hackathorn is 70 years old. Inspiring!

What are some of your favorite drills?

Centuriator

Well-Known Fanatic
I learned this drill from Vickers in the first class I took with him and it totally "cured" me of challenges I was having with trigger control, which can be a particular problem with Glocks/striker actions.

Here's one of my favorite drills:

Here are a couple more:

Centuriator

Well-Known Fanatic
Here's the link to the video playlist for all of Hackathorn's "Drill of the Month" videos:

Rob Biedermann

Active Fanatic
I like Vickers / Hackathorn's "The Test" the best for a diagnostic. Great test of grip, sight and trigger control over 10 rounds. Score it either Ken or Larry's way.

Also good is the "Bill Drill" - if you can hold grip and trigger control for 6 rounds in 2 seconds - you're doing pretty good!!

Mike Galway

Well-Known Fanatic
The outdoor club I'm in has steel plates , dueling tree , Texas star , and various steel silhouettes . I try to set up a course and work on fast accuracy . When I use a double stack , usually my Sig P226 , I only put enough ammo in the mag to run the course with no misses . I like to make a challenging game of it .

Latest posts