Favorite Bike movie ( you may never seen or heard of..)

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
Went from sunny & warm yesterday to cool & rainy today, wife decided to look at some DVD's in our collection.
She chose one of my favorites , so I'd watch it with her ?.... (I did)

I read about the release of this movie, before it's release, in a bike magazine.
Was not shown in the local chain theaters,..did an internet search for a screening & found it was playing in a "fine art" theater, in Birmingham..
a theater I'd never visited in the past. Took wife to see it , & after watching it, was so impressed I looked for it to be released on DVD & bought a copy, as soon as it was available

I've loaned my DVD to many friends, most who are not into m/c's..& every person that watched it was impressed and stated they enjoyed the story.
For anyone who haven't seen it. I'd encourage you to check it out.
The movie stars Anthony Hopkins, & is the story of Burt Munro's record setting run @ Bonneville..film is titled, "World's Fastest Indian"

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
I have seen that and you are correct, it is a very good movie!!

Another movie in the same genre if your into it is
Ford vs Ferrari

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
Ford vs Ferrari was probably the best car themed movie I've seen. Wayched it quite a few times.
I also really enjoyed " The Art of Racing in the Rain" A great story about a man, racing & his dog.

a great documentary on MotoGP racing is "Faster" narrated by Ewan McGregor.. (2003)
I can't believe how Garry Mc Coy could slide his bike , both front & back tires spinning, around a corner, at high speed.
Great photography, and unbelievable to watch, smoking the tires coming out of a corner..on the gas.

[h2][/h2]

Last edited:

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
already covered but, worlds fastest Indian and on any Sunday. Both are good movies
When younger my brother and I saw most of the B grade biker movies, most pretty bad but hey we grew up in the cornfields.

PanHandlerFL

Well-Known Fanatic
Ok, not exactly a motorcycle movie but Black Rain (80's) with Michael Douglas had an opening scene in which he street races a 1986 EVO Sportster with a War Eagle body kit....I bought a used Sportster that year and did the same thing to the bike before gifting it to an old girlfriend. Been a Harley Cafe Racer/Bobber-look fan since then. "Why We Ride" from 2013 is the documentary I used to ask people to watch if they ever asked me that question.

taz4712

Well-Known Fanatic
I watched all of those '60's Biker movies. Funny thing is if you looked close the "Star" rode a Harley but most of the "Gang Members" road chopped Honda's and Yamaha's. Always cracked me up watching them.
Gotta watch that "Worlds Fastest Indian".

jennflip

Well-Known Fanatic
Yea right about the bikes which I thought was pretty funny---the main star bad guy was Jeremy Slate or Slade a pretty big dude riding a beautiful red Harley (Red I believe) so they do the scene and the big ***** couldn't start the bike, so some skinny small Hells Angel came over and kick stared the bike...That was funny too!!!

EXPD

Fanatic
I collected all of the 60's and 70's Biker movies, even some I got from Australia (very hard to find that will play on American DVD players) My favorite Worlds Fastest Indian and On any Sunday with an honorable mention to "The Wild Ones"

WC145

Well-Known Fanatic
Went from sunny & warm yesterday to cool & rainy today, wife decided to look at some DVD's in our collection.
She chose one of my favorites , so I'd watch it with her ?.... (I did)

I read about the release of this movie, before it's release, in a bike magazine.
Was not shown in the local chain theaters,..did an internet search for a screening & found it was playing in a "fine art" theater, in Birmingham..
a theater I'd never visited in the past. Took wife to see it , & after watching it, was so impressed I looked for it to be released on DVD & bought a copy, as soon as it was available

I've loaned my DVD to many friends, most who are not into m/c's..& every person that watched it was impressed and stated they enjoyed the story.
For anyone who haven't seen it. I'd encourage you to check it out.
The movie stars Anthony Hopkins, & is the story of Burt Munro's record setting run @ Bonneville..film is titled, "World's Fastest Indian"
Great movie, for sure. I'll always be a fan of the classics - Easy Rider and The Wild One - and I'm planning to watch Me and Will tonight, I have high hopes for it.

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
When I was a kid , teenager, I watched all the bike movies..even the bad," exploitation" ones, the Bad Biker movies, Billy Jack, Bronson (tv series)
On Any Sunday (the first one) was probably my favorite, for a long time, O.A.S. #2 & #3 not as much, but still watched them, more than once.
Anyone remember , Little Fauss and Big Halsy ?
[h3][/h3]

Paul_1SG

Fanatic
Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man had a kick azz bike in it. I truly wanted a bike like that when I was a young soldier. I ended up with my second choice from T2 a Fatboy anniversary edition. My last tour in Iraq blew my back out. I no longer ride but offer get the freedom bug of the open road.

Latest posts