Fallin vetoes pro-gun bill

nic6

Fanatic
It is a shame she didn't sign it, I am calling her office, not that it matters. I have read on another site where some counties/cities in OK can not get them to sign. Thanks to the dick-tator in charge his executive orders will close the trust route in June. Gotta keep those evil things out of law abiding citizens hands, that will solve it.

WillR

Well-Known Fanatic
If it passed by that big of a majority send it back and overturn her veto. Can't that be done with 75% vote?

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
WillR said:
If it passed by that big of a majority send it back and overturn her veto. Can't that be done with 75% vote?
Yes they can override her if they choose to do so.

Everybody (in Oklahoma) hit up your state Rep and tell them to override the veto. I've done just that via email and also told them to send a message to Mother Mary that they can play her game too. Work on nothing but overriding her vetoes before they do a darn thing else. Here is a link to look up your rep and get their email. Do it! Do it now!

http://www.okhouse.gov/research/housedistricts.aspx

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
ChrisC said:
I voted for Jerri Askins. I would sign a recall on Mary if there was one
Jerri probably would have been a good governor. But I just can't bring myself to vote for anyone who isn't ashamed to associate themselves with Obama, Biden, Hillary, Reid, Pelosi, etc. Just don't have any trust left in the tank.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
Send an email and/or call your state senators. You can find who it is towards the bottom of the link I posted at post #5.

The McCarville report is saying that the senate is NOT inclined to override her. Remember that the ATF has basically ditched the trust route for NFA items starting in June I believe. Requiring state LEO officials to sign off is a really good thing in light of this.

Ipsilateral

Well-Known Fanatic
The McCarville report is saying that the senate is NOT inclined to override her.

Great. I left a voice message on Fallon's line, and I got the email about house over ridding the veto as I was calling mine. I'll call my senator tomorrow.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
The Oklahoma House has now overridden Governor Mary Fallin’s veto of an NRA bill, the first time in history that a Republican majority has overridden its own governor. The state Senate is reportedly unwilling to follow suit.

Source
Emphasis mine

Edit to add: The House vote to override was 86 ayes, 3 nays

WillR

Well-Known Fanatic
Why is the senate not inclined to follow with such a overwhelming vote in the house?

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
WillR said:
Why is the senate not inclined to follow with such a overwhelming vote in the house?

technetium-99m said:
Was there some kind of outcry from Oklahoma's CLEO's?
No idea. From all that I can find she's just having a tantrum. Found this on the okctalk forum:

Rep. Jason Murphey, Guthrie-31 (R), said he didn’t understand why the governor Tuesday vetoed two of his bills which he states were requested directly from her office.

He said one of the bills was designed to save tax dollars by allowing state agencies to better use their purchase card authority.

“The governor is essentially vetoing her own bill,” Murphey said. “It makes no sense.”
I also heard her quoted from a couple different sources as saying that it restricted the authority of BATFE which it most certainly doesn't. If she thought that she didn't read it and it's all of 2 dirt simple pages.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
Scott Hearn said:
Jerri probably would have been a good governor. But I just can't bring myself to vote for anyone who isn't ashamed to associate themselves with Obama, Biden, Hillary, Reid, Pelosi, etc. Just don't have any trust left in the tank.
A Democrat in Oklahoma is a moderate Republican in pretty much any other state.

Latest posts