Extended Mag releases

Mike Moser

Active Fanatic
What extended mag releases for the Ruger LW Commander 45acp and the Kimber Custom Tactical 1911 Govt,any suggestions.

fieldgrade

Well-Known Fanatic
I've had great luck with Wilson Bullet proof parts. I like how the mag release in my Wilson CQB extends further than the rest of my garden variety mag releases on Colts, Springers etc, and would opt for one like it on a Ruger.

Jerre

Active Fanatic
Wonder if any of you have had this problem I've just experienced with a Browning 1911 .380 ? Gun ran fine for about 200 - 300 rounds, then started hanging up with any ammo you ran through it. Then, all of a sudden when I put a mag in and loaded the chamber with a live round, it wouldn't shoot. Gun "locked" up. You could pull the trigger and the hammer would fall, but wouldn't fire the round. The thumb safety was "locked" in the fire position and would not move to the "safe" position and the slide was "locked". You could not pull the slide back. Hammer would cock and fall when the trigger was pulled, but would not fire the round.

Liggett

Well-Known Fanatic
I've got a Wilson SS extended I need to return. Something sticky that I can't figure out. I replaced it with another (of what brand I have no idea, from the used parts dept) and it's fine. Thanks for the reminder.