Everyone Knows You Carry

imhntn

Founding Member
I went fishing in Canada last week and when we presented our passports to the Canadian Custom officials they immediately pointed me and another guy out and said, "You two both have concealed carry licenses. Where are your guns?" We knew they were illegal there and did not bring them but that didn't stop them from searching us and asking several more questions about our guns. I was very disturbed that a foreign govt knew about my cc and am taking steps to find out how/why they know. I have contacted the NRA, State Senator James Halligan's office, US Senator Jim Inhofe's office and KFOR TV. Senator Halligan's staff has already responded and are questioning the OSBI about this issue. I'll let you know how this all turns out.

dennishoddy

Does make one wonder. I've has a couple of traffic stops when my gun was unloaded, so not necessarily required to present my CC license or notify.

Both times, the officer stood there after taking my license and asked if I had anything else I needed to tell him. Replied no, and nothing else was said.

Two years ago we stopped in Victoria BC, and I didn't get any questions, but we were coming off a cruise ship, so maybe that made a difference.

wait unti you go to the doctor now...they'll ask...

"are there guns in your home?"

I was told that all the docs that use the electronic medical records system is standardized...just another instant registration method...

Ipsilateral

Well-Known Fanatic
That is a little scary how a foreigner knew that. Tag for info.

Jason Grant said:
wait unti you go to the doctor now...they'll ask...

"are there guns in your home?"

I was told that all the docs that use the electronic medical records system is standardized...just another instant registration method...
It isn't, and meaningful use criteria does not mean any information is shared with other hospital systems/doctors, but the new "meaningful use" criteria is all about giving the government a way to data mine...mostly to find ways to deny payment or make new rules to screw docs and hospitals out of payment,

And I don't know a single doc who asks much less gives a damn about what guns you own....well I take that back, I was chatting today with a patient about his 6.5 creedmore and much he liked it.

dennishoddy

JHenderson said:
That is a little scary how a foreigner knew that. Tag for info.

It isn't, and meaningful use criteria does not mean any information is shared with other hospital systems/doctors, but the new "meaningful use" criteria is all about giving the government a way to data mine...mostly to find ways to deny payment or make new rules to screw docs and hospitals out of payment,

And I don't know a single doc who asks much less gives a damn about what guns you own....well I take that back, I was chatting today with a patient about his 6.5 creedmore and much he liked it.

Any question like that gets a no answer from me. I've never heard of guns on gubberment forms.

SMS

Well-Known Fanatic
IIRC, Canadian Customs has access to NCIC...a passport has enough info in it to run a NCIC check right? So does that mean our carry permit info is in the NCIC?

Latest posts