engraving a lower for sbr

pyplynr

Well-Known Fanatic
Is there anywhere in OK that will do the engraving for sbr lowers? Also if I buy a 10.5" upper online do I have have it shipped to a class 3 dealer until the forms come back? What do you put in the section "reason"? Do I just put "for fun"

Chambers

actual GM
Southwest Engravers in OKC.

$10. Make sure it's disassembled.

Have the upper shipped to a friend/relative while you wait on the stamp, unless you own a pistol lower in the meantime.

pyplynr

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks! so there is no need to bother a class 3 dealer when building a sbr?

pyplynr

Well-Known Fanatic
Also on the forms where is requires the "Chief Law Enforcement Officer" sign off, do I need the county sheriff or can I have my local town chief sign off on that? Reason I ask is because in this tiny tiny town the Chief is our only officer.

pyplynr

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm going to use a trust. Duh...I don't need the sign off. Forgot about that. What should I put in the "State why you intend to make firearm" section. Sorry for all the questions. I just want to make sure I have all my P's and Q's straight.

Chambers

actual GM
I put "lawful purposes."

Some people have put ridiculous things like zombies and gotten them approved.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
I'm going to use a trust. Duh...I don't need the sign off. Forgot about that. What should I put in the "State why you intend to make firearm" section. Sorry for all the questions. I just want to make sure I have all my P's and Q's straight.

I put the reason as "personal collection" on mine. I think that's what most people use.

dustingaunder

Well-Known Fanatic
I put "lawful purposes."

Some people have put ridiculous things like zombies and gotten them approved.

They are rejecting all the goofy stuff now. They started off just sending them back to change and now they are disapproving them. Luckilly they haven't been putting people in the back of the line for disapprovals for this stuff, but you can bet your butt that will be next.

Latest posts