Emergency/Tactical Medical Training Course Interest Thread

michaelclm

Banned from the timer
I am starting this thread to guage interest in a course covering injuries commonly sustained in self defense encounters. The IFAK will be the basis of the training and suggestions will be made as to a few essential items necessary to round out a standard off-the-shelf kit.

The course would include lectures, hands-on interactive labs and realistic scenario drills in a one-day format. Self-aid will be included in the instruction.

No firearms instruction would be included in the course.

The course would be taught by medical professionals with backgrounds ranging from Board-certified surgeons to former US Special Operations medics. These are men and women who practice medicine on a daily basis and who have real world operational and roadside experience.

The nature of some of the material presented requires that participants possess credentials in the form of an SDA license, Military ID, EMT, Fire or CLEET card.

You will not need medical training or experience to attend this course.

This thread is to guage interest but you may also post questions here.

I will periodically post a consolidated list of those who express interest to keep up with numbers.

I have personally trained with the providers I have in mind and they are true professionals. If you carry a gun for self defense or on the job you should take this course.

michaelclm

Banned from the timer
Dates and prices will follow, mostly because I haven't had time to discuss it with them.

I added EMS and Fire after leaving them off previously. WIth their backgrounds I ASSumed they would be set. While intentional, this exclusion was not spiteful.

1. jsteele

NL7CO

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm very interested. Will the class be open to minors? I ask because my nephew (16) and niece (14) are my usual shooting partners while their Dad is in Iraq. Both are scouts and both are CAP cadet officers.

michaelclm

Banned from the timer
Don, I'm not sure about the minors. I will ask and let you know.

1. jsteele
2. Don Ross
3. Rustyzx9
4. DoctorJJ

michaelclm

Banned from the timer
Price will be $150 for the course. Scheduling is being worked out and dates should be forthcoming. These guys are going to make this happen so if you're interested you should be able to attend. I encourage you to do so if you are able.

I want to make it clear that I have no vested interest in this class other than wanting fellow concealed carry practitioners and those in uniform to have this knowledge. This training will not only potentially save your life but possibly those of your loved ones or friends.

michaelclm

Banned from the timer
It looks like there has been enough interest from all directions that there will be a class in Tulsa and one in OKC.

Dates are still unsure as yet due to the providers' work schedules needing to be coordinated. This is a great class so I hope to see you there. These are perishable skills so I will definitely be refreshing mine at one of these classes.

NL7CO

Well-Known Fanatic
Good. Two classes means two shots at being around for one of them. If its in TUL, I may fly up so I hope you get something relatively close to RVS.

michaelclm

Banned from the timer
Good news!

The date of Saturday, Nov. 5th has been set for the class in Tulsa. Location has yet to be determined. They are looking at a couple of sites that are available that day, though, so more details will follow soon.

The OKC class will take place some time in October as soon as a location is settled upon. The date will be disclosed once a site has been selected.

Current list of those interested:

1. jsteele
2. Don Ross
3. Rustyzx9
4. DoctorJJ
5. Thumper
6. L6J6M
7. Steve Hamlin
Copy the list, paste to a reply and add your name if you're interested.

michaelclm

Banned from the timer
So far there are 7 showing interested here and 5 signed up from elsewhere. Too many folks fell through on the OKC class so as of now it's not going to happen. They need a minimum of 15 to make the Tulsa class happen. Believe me when I tell you that you NEED to know this information.

The class location still hasn't been set but will happen on the 5th of November in the Tulsa/Broken Arrow area (most likely USSA or Oil Capital. Someplace like that). As long as there are 15 people signed up the class will happen. I may attend as a "patient". It will be nice to meet those of you with whom I haven't had the pleasure. See you then.

Larry Mullican

Well-Known Fanatic
Michael
Well, if the OKC class fell through I will plan on attending the Tulsa class. I will check with my associate Steve, but he will probably want to go. It is required of him to periodically take a class of some kind.
This should help the Tulsa required number of attendees. Curios, what is your current Tusa count with plus two? Larry Mullican. [email protected]

DoctorJJ

Doc's Gun Store
I have been planning for 2 months to have some friends from Springfield come down that exact weekend. Dangit! I'm gonna have to miss this one. Sorry guys.