EDI Flash Light Review

OK Bowhunter

Well-Known Fanatic
Received the EDI-T T14 tactical flashlight in the mail today from the group buy. The flashlight was made in China by Xiamen EDI Technologies and came with a nylon belt case, lanyard, 12 volt car charger, and AC charger that is also a USB charger, did I mention that it is recharable? The power switch is a three function switch that powewrs on at the high setting, second press low, thrid press strobe. Light is brighter than anyother flash light I own, but I really don't own any tactical flashlights to make comparisions. Body is solid and well built and could be used as a strike weapon.

Issues:

1. It did not come with any paper work so I do not know how long to leave it on the charger, warrenty info, lumen output, is it water proof?

2. The power switch does not turn on the flash light every time you try to turn it on. It did come on the first couple of times, but it seams hit and miss if it comes on the first time you try to turn it on.

3. I knew in advance that it was made in China and this can be an issue with some buyers myself being one, but I wanted to try it out to see it for myself.

4. The rubber protective cap that covers the female chargin plug is a little finicky to reinsert.

I have it on the charger now and will keep working with it to see how it holds up. For the price and what I got I belive that it was a good value.

OK Bowhunter

Dubs Chops

Well-Known Fanatic
OK Bowhunter,

thanks for the review. there is a threshold that the battery will not go below. When that happens it will not power on the light. leave it on the charger until the light turns green. that indicates a full charge. Unfortunately there is no paperwork that comes with them. it is a 250 lumen light though. It is also the brightest flashlight I have ever used. If it still acts up let me know. I can get you a replacement. also make sure the cap is on tight. that is how it completes the circuit.

Regards,

BW

EagleScout

Well-Known Fanatic
I have been testing my flashlight and so far here is what I have found.

It functions perfectly, turns on every time, High, low, variable output, and strobe.

I have charged it using USB, Car, and house.

I turned it on high and left in my cube to see how long it would last. It went 5 hours before starting to fade a little and then at 6 hours faded. So it lasted longer than rated and barely got warm,

I am on day two of testing it on low. First day it went for 12 hours before I turned it off, I am on day two now and 9 more hours down. So looking at 21 hours so far on low.

I am very happy with flashlight so far.

Yes the rubber insert to keep the charge port covered up can be a little tough to get in, but it fits nice and tight.