ED Brown Evolution Series

The Collector

Active Fanatic
Seems to me the new Brown and the EDC X9 are vastly differat guns and really shouldn't be compared, grip safety vs no-grip safety, doublestack vs singlestack, yada, yada, yada

Actually, I'm interested in comparing it to my wife's new Guardian (9mm) and my Kimber Aegis Elite Pro (9mm)

AZGUY1911

Well-Known Fanatic
I would think a comparison with the Guardian would be spot on, very similar guns in the same price "range". My first real 1911 (if you don't count an EMP) was this 9mm 3" Ultra Aegis, I had over 7,000 rounds through it without a failure. Sometimes I think I should pass it along to a forum member with a son, daughter or wife but I can't bring myself to do it for the $600-700 it'll bring. I carried it for years on my hip.

20160515_100501.jpg

Rooster

Well-Known Fanatic
I like it!

I've tried tuning internal extractors on 9mm 1911s, and in my limited experience, the sweet spot for operation is much narrower than 45.
Mine took a lot more fuss than my 45s.

If the external extractor makes for a more forgiving setup, ld be interested.

What y'all think? Could this be the reason for external extractor? Or am I the only one with a fussy 9mm internal extractor?

The Collector

Active Fanatic
Tyler contacted EB on an item of interest to me.... Can I get the one on order in .38S or can I get it in duel caliber set-up.
Short answer: "Not at this time" ................ hmmmmm.... does that mean at another time?

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
Wouldn't take a lot for a good smith to fit a second barrel
Ejector would need work though

Tail Gunner

Active Fanatic
$1895, 4 inch, 9mm 1911 w/external extractor -- no interest here. Looks like a solution to a problem that does not exist.

The Collector

Active Fanatic
$1895, 4 inch, 9mm 1911 w/external extractor -- no interest here. Looks like a solution to a problem that does not exist.

I'm glad my interests takes me to ALL kinds of 1911's..... it breaks up the boredom I get when looking at plastic..... esp. the ones in my safe. o_O

Bill O’Rights

Active Fanatic
I think it's intended to compete with the Springer EMP 4 Carry Contour, or it's likely inspired by it. The two pistols share certain innovative characteristics.

I have an EMP 4 Carry Contour and like it a lot. I think it is innovative, easy to shoot and to carry. Some folks have reported some problems with their EMP's, but mine is very accurate and reliable, and well fitted.

In a sense, EB's Evolution might be thought of as an endorsement of the EMP concept - a 1911 intelligently scaled to 9mm.

I was thinking of getting another EMP ... but I might now consider an EB Evolution instead. EMP's are a lot less expensive at around $1000 - $1200.

SteveO

Well-Known Fanatic
I like the bull barrel, which is where I think they made the jump as far as competitive maybe an answer to DW"S new line of 4" bull barrel guns, but it shocks me that knowing the market well enough they would go with an external extractor. I mean S&W makes a pretty decent 1911 imo, but the extractor has and always will affect their sales and keep them from being a major player in the 1911 market. However there are many who believe the reliability, longevity, and functionality of an external extractor is better than an internal one.