easy fix

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
had a couple WC mags not feed the last round . Especially in my wifes LB monolith

have read a lot about magazines and their failures. before I tore it down, I tried pressing the feed lips inward a bit... mags now work perfectly.

lesson--try the easy stuff first.

hope this helps others

SamC

New Fanatic
How much did you squeeze and did you do it by hand or with a tool, i.e pliers ect.?

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
gradually increased pressure to close down the loading slot a bit at a time. as I was on the range, I used a cinderblock wall as my " tool" go SLOW a mm or 2 is all that is needed.

BTW prior to the fix, we has the last round of each mag no load and I noticed the feeder wa s protruding at an angle when I examined the magazine

SamC

New Fanatic
gradually increased pressure to close down the loading slot a bit at a time. as I was on the range, I used a cinderblock wall as my " tool" go SLOW a mm or 2 is all that is needed.

BTW prior to the fix, we has the last round of each mag no load and I noticed the feeder wa s protruding at an angle when I examined the magazine
Is the "loading slot" the rear of the feed lips of the magazine?

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
Sam

I am not sure exactly what you are asking BUT .a s you load a round, you push it in from the front(loading slot) of the magazine and it is retained by the side extensions of the magazine= lips. bend thos e in a tiny bit at a time and see if the rounds feed as they should

SamC

New Fanatic
Sam

I am not sure exactly what you are asking BUT .a s you load a round, you push it in from the front(loading slot) of the magazine and it is retained by the side extensions of the magazine= lips. bend thos e in a tiny bit at a time and see if the rounds feed as they should
Got it, thank you!

Latest posts