Dry Fire Resources

Rockon71385

Founding Member
Here are a few links that will help you make the most out of your dry fire time:

Benstoeger.com - Ben is a national champion in production and has won that title several of the last 4 or 5 years. His website has several drills that can performed in live fire or dry fire, and he provides detailed explanations of what you're trying to accomplish with each drill. He also offers a couple of dry-fire workbooks, which are outstanding resources, and he sells miniature targets and other dry-fire props. Check him out.

Ben Stoeger 15 Minute Dry Fire Program on Youtube

Practical Pistol Show Podcast - This is Ben's weekly(ish) podcast. I wouldn't recommend it for the easily offended, but it's got tons of good shooting information and a lot of good screwing around.

Brian Enos Forums - Brian is like the godfather of modern competition shooting. He and Rob Leatham pioneered a lot of the techniques we use today during the early years of practical shooting. After retiring from shoot, Brian set up a forum dedicated to shooting and it quickly became the best place on the internet to learn about shooting from people that actually know how to shoot. The internet is chalk full of shooting chatter, but most of the time the guy giving his opinion shoots 50rds a year and couldn't keep up with C class USPSA shooters. That said, the Enos forums have been around so long that there is already a huge amount of information there. Instead of posting questions, Make a profile, and then immediately start using the search function to dig up old discussions about the questions you have. I promise you, anything you want to ask has been discussed at length on the Enos forums, and there's a good chance some GM's and national champions have answered them. Brian also wrote what most consider to be the Bible of Practical shooting. Practical Shooting - Beyond Fundementals - It's an extremely in depth look at the techniques that USPSA shooters need to master. I highly recommend it.

Steve Anderson's Website - Steve is a GM that wrote the first ever dry-fire workout( Refinement and Repetition ). He became famous after going from B class to GM is just over a year, mostly from dry-firing religiously. His book explains the methodology of setting par times and then working to improve them through dry fire. His website also has some helpful information, including a podcast.

Gramps

Well-Known Fanatic
Good info but FYI, Ben isn't the current production national champion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rockon71385

Founding Member
Scott C Taylor said:
Good info but FYI, Ben isn't the current production national champion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the correction. The years got away from me. Good for Alex Gutt. He used to beat me in Wisconsin when he was A class and I was B.

BenM

Fanatic
I picked up Stoeger's book a month back and it's definitely helping me notice mistakes I'm making. Time will tell if I manage to correct them.

Latest posts