DPMS Stripped 5.56mm Lowers

HHB Guns

Well-Known Fanatic
Wasn't really sure where to post this. Black Rifle, For Sale, or Longarms. I picked longarms because if your not in the market to buy something you prob won't check the items for sale section. This deal is once every two years so I wanted everyone to know. If it's wrong lesson learned.

Got a call from DPMS today saying they had a ton of scratch and ding 5.56mm lowers that didn't pass quality control. If you want one let us know and we will order it. The man we talked to today said they were not bad but not good enough to leave the floor. The price is $75 plus $15 transfer. We will DuraCoat them to cover any scratches for $25 which is much cheaper than our normal price.

HHB Guns

Well-Known Fanatic
Thats the problem....Its like a bargin bin...You dont get to pick. They just send what they grab. Thats why is so cheap. I wish we could pick them out. Its just a ar-15 stripped lower with DPMS name on it. I already have nine people that want them. When I get them in I'm going to do first come first serve to pick out the pile.

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
I might be interested in one of these lowers...

Would you please post here when you have some in hand...I feel that I need one laying around....Never know when you need to build something...

Steve

HHB Guns

Well-Known Fanatic
Will do. We decided to order about 25 and DuraCoat them and sell them at the next show. You are more than welcome to come pick them over when we get them in.

Frost

Well-Known Fanatic
I might be interested in that also.

I think I saw on your web page that you do $50 parkerizing.
Is this correct?

Frost

Well-Known Fanatic
Very Kool
Which color is it?
How long would the turn around time be? (I mean normally I understand this is the holidays)

HHB Guns

Well-Known Fanatic
We use Zinc Phosphate which gives a grey finish. The turn around depends on a couple of things.

1. How busy we are and where you sit in line.
2. Do we have to disassemble/ reassemble.

If you bring it to us broken down it only takes a couple of days. If we have to give it to our gunsmith it may be as long as two weeks for return.

Right now we couldn't even touch it until the first week of Jan. Hope that helps.

HHB Guns

Well-Known Fanatic
Wow! Got the first order of two in today and all I have to say is DPMS QC must be anal. I have seen new lowers that look worse. I honestly don't see anything wrong with them.

DSC04881.jpg

DSC04879.jpg

DSC04878.jpg

armedpig

Well-Known Fanatic
Are all of them caliber designated? I noticed the one you show is designated as .223-5.56.

HHB Guns

Well-Known Fanatic
Sorry Folks, Called today to place our big order and they stopped the special...I asked why and got a "I don't know" answer. The eight we got in are all spoken for. Maybe next year.

Latest posts