Doomsday Clock to be reset today

Frost

Well-Known Fanatic
New York?s iconic Doomsday Clock, which was created by the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists (BAS) and supposedly represents humankind?s tick-tock progression towards absolute destruction, is to be adjusted for the first time in almost two years today.

While not providing a concrete indication that Man is teetering on the brink of catastrophe, the clock was made just after the Second World War ? in light of the carnage caused when atomic bombs were dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Initially set at seven minutes to midnight, with midnight meant to signify ?the end? for us all, the clock has been altered some 18 times since 1947 and has sat on five minutes to midnight since 2007?s failure to solve issues connected to the world?s stockpile of nuclear weapons.

The clock?s time is periodically moved forward or backward to reflect the state of humanity depending on significant and influential world events ? and today (January 14 at 10:00 EST / 15:00 GMT) will be the first time the moving of the minute hand is shown live via an online Web feed.

Although BAS has not yet revealed whether the clock will wind forward or back, a spokesman offered that influencing factors ?include international negotiations on nuclear disarmament and non-proliferation, expansion of civilian nuclear power, the possibilities of nuclear terrorism, and climate change.?

The closest the Doomsday Clock has ever come to reaching midnight was in 1953, when it was moved to two-minutes during the Cold War nuclear standoff between the United States and the Soviet Union.

Read more: http://www.thetechherald.com/article.ph ... z0caSTWwbk

Schultz

Well-Known Fanatic
It was set back 1 minute, Funny i would have thought it would have been set forward instead of back.

jonyrotten

Well-Known Fanatic
Schultz said:
It was set back 1 minute, Funny i would have thought it would have been set forward instead of back.

oh hell no, hussein obama is the prez now. i'm surprised the idiots didn't just dismantle it since the Messiah has used his rock star smile to set the world straight.

BTW, is it just me, or does anybody else see that this guy's "handsome" emperor is nekid? all i hear is how good looking this clown is. this dude is horse faced with barn door ears and a big wart on his nose. could anybody but the liberal media lovefest find him handsome? jeeze

Frost

Well-Known Fanatic
He could rape an old lady in the middle of times square and shoot her in the head as he got his nut and the media would put a positive spin on it.

jonyrotten

Well-Known Fanatic
Frost said:
He could rape an old lady in the middle of times square and shoot her in the head as he got his nut and the media would put a positive spin on it.

he could get caught carrying a head in one hand and an bloody axe in the other and NBC would find it to be george bush's fault

but frost, you still didn't address his beauty and how you are raptured by it

Latest posts