Does the 9mm ejector fit a little more center line than the 45?

sharpshooter33

Fanatic
Ok, I am converting an old widebody from 45 to 9mm. I have an extended ejector on the original 45 setup. My new 9mm slide arrived today. still needs some rail fitting, I haven't taken off the extended 45 ejector yet, but when I test fit the 9mm slide it looked like the 45 ejector is a tad further out than the 9mm slide would accept. I'm waiting on my 9mm ejector (it's in the mail) but I assumed that they fit exactly the same.
It would make since that the 9mm ejector was a tad bit closer to center line due to case diameter, but I had never seen anything on this exact topic anywhere.

Oh and BTW...Hi all I'm a noob member. Had 1911s since I was 22 years old, but never messed with them. Now I'm retired and something to fiddle with.

Thanks

sharpshooter33

Fanatic
Not just a widebody 1911... an odd ball widebody at that. Try finding parts for a Entreprise Arms widebody. A lot of parts for Para or RIA fit, but the trigger bow is it's own animal. I am not sure if the STI 2011 will be workable or not. current trigger is ok, but that is one part so far that I have no replacement for. I did get in and find that it was originally cut for series 80 parts so that's a whole new ball game. It was before they had a shim replacement.

Yes I do have a complicated project, but I'm retired. It's either this or house work. I hate house work.:rolleyes:

sharpshooter33

Fanatic
It is. I received my 9mm slide and ejector this week. The ejector sits more center line.
Also another point of hand fitting.
I had the frame n slide running like glass then added the ejector and it was dragging on the slide. Had to do a little hand filing to get it close. Now just need to lap it in and on to the next step.

sharpshooter33

Fanatic
I've had it out shooting it. Conversion from 45 to 9mm is really straight forward.
Frame needs the ejector changed to a 9mm ejector. It sets closer to center and fits the 9mm slide.
Slide and barrel assembly is 9mm.
Fitting is required to fit the frame to slide to barrel just like a standard 45 build.
After that get your 9mm mags and ammo(if u can find it) and have at it. Mine took a Remington, ParaOrd knockoff 18rd mags. Flawless so far after the initial 100 rds break-in.
Found a holster that fit my oddball setup. It's a lot of fun to shoot.
I'll post a couple pics. When I'm finally done it will probably get a ceraoke finish since it's multi color right now.
But, it shoots great.

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
excited to see the finished product. You cranked that out pretty quickly, congratulations. Whats next ?

sharpshooter33

Fanatic
Still have to finish up this one. it's in the raw right now.
However a 80% build from scratch is interesting me.
Well maybe if they are even allowed by the time I get around to it.
:cool:

below is a pic of my project as it sits today.