does anyone use film cameras anymore?

Im doing some closet cleaning, and I have a nikon n65 with two lenses that I probably used on one trip to europe.
Is it even worth selling?

dennishoddy

I sure miss kodachrome. So much more one could do with it.

Kodak quit making it a couple of years ago, but If I'm not wrong, Fuji took the lead in producing film.

I'm not sure if they still make it or somebody else has taken over, but sombody does, as I've seen a recent news report about the new interest in film vs digital.

Vinyl records are making a comback among audiophiles.
Makes me mad I threw away all of my Led Zepplin, and Hendrix albums. They did make nice shotgun targets though.

Edit: Did a little google fu, and found some at Target. So I'm thinking Walgreens or Walmart may have some too?

http://www.target.com/p/kodak-ultramax-400-film-3-pk/-/A-13575272#prodSlot=medium_1_3

Fleche

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a whole dark room boxed up in the attic or in storage somewhere. I really enjoyed processing my own black and white.That darkroom smell always makes me smile.

Thinking about every shot was in someways better than the unlimited shooting you can do with digital.

kdf9511

Well-Known Fanatic
The lenses might still be useful to someone. I've got a Pentax ZX7 with a few lenses in the closet here and have been keeping my eye open for a Pentax digital body for a cheep price to use them with.

Podman

Well-Known Fanatic
I have several Nikon camera bodies and lot of Nikon lenses in my closet too. I didn't think they were worth anything, but after looking at that eBay ad, they might
be worth getting out and trying to sell. I haven't used film in years and thought digital totally eliminated film. I have lots of Kodachrome slides of trips over the years. Kodachrome was best film, hated to see it go.

300BLKAAC

Well-Known Fanatic
I still shoot film and to answer your question the N65 does not really have a resale. Please consider however that Nikon F100 , Nikon F5 and Nikon F4s cameras all of which were once the flagships of the professional Nikon's 35mm camera line can be had for between $150 and $300 depending on condition. Your lenses can have some resale however depending on which lenses they are, some Nikkkors are more valuable than others. I am always looking for looking for lenses and or old bodies. I still shoot film In fact a few months ago I tried trading some AR parts on here for Nikon gear with no luck I finally did trade it on another board. For some gear I needed.

Just an FYI for anyone owning some of this old gear from someone who has actively shot photography for over 25 years. purely mechanical cameras have to be exercised regularly, you cant just put them up and never use them, the actions have to be worked. I have seen perfectly good cameras go bad from this very practice. Secondly just because you owned it a long time does not mean its super valuable.

If you own a Nikon F Apollo or a Nikon F2 you may own a valuable Collectors Camera.

Nikon Made the Nikon F3 for over 20 years there are a lot of them and they can be had really cheaply with the MD4. Believe it I own 2 and yes I would not mind a third they are good cameras. The F4s once sold for over $2000 and you might have paid that much but trust me it does not bring that now. The F5 same story.

I am more than happy to answer questions if someone has one.

Thanks so much.

300BLKAAC

Well-Known Fanatic

Latest posts