Do you Carry?

dennishoddy

dr poopgiggle said:
in all seriousness, do any of us actually practice with our carry guns regularly? I know I don't. My carry gun is a miniature version of my Production gun but that still doesn't count.

I'm a bad sheepdog.
We have a regular scheduled retired guy shoot out on Monday mornings at the range. Most shoot their carry guns, although someone usually brings out a new toy to play with.
I agree, we should not only carry, but we should put in regular practice with our carry guns. Since I'm retired, I can speak freely, and say that I carried on the job every day although it was against the rules.
I don't have a problem breaking stupid rules.

wgm2011

Well-Known Fanatic
Pre-retirement we had a small group of fellow employees that did not play golf but did enjoy a round of sporting clays on occasion. Our little group had an informal Wednesday night league that shot skeet, trap or five stand.

I came to a halt when HR came to each of our offices with a printed out copy of the rules that indicated no firearms were permitted on the company premises, including the parking lots. And the company had the right to inspect any personal vehicle in that parking lot should they feel any company rules were being broken. We each had to sign the document indicating we understood the rule and that if we were found to be violating it in any way, we would be terminated on the spot.

The league shut down.

One evening I got a call from my VP telling me we had a small emergency and I needed to get to the office asap. I got the satisfaction of telling him it would be several hours because I needed to first swing by the house to drop off my shotgun. That didn't break any rules.

p.s. And do I carry? Its 9:50 AM, I'm at my home computer in my home office, and I am packing. I do not shoot my carry gun in competition but every month I take it to the range and empty the three magazines I carry and load with fresh ammo.

DD78

Well-Known Fanatic
I have to admit, I don't practice all that much with my carry gun since I started shooting 3 gun and USPSA.

The only thing I do practice is drawing from concealment, and I still do that regularly. I just don't live fire as much, which does concern me because I shoot an XDM in 3 gun and USPSA, but my carry guns are XDS, G23, and LCP. The XDS feels really comfortable, probably more so after shooting competitively, however the G23 doesn't anymore....I tend to grip it a little too high when I practice draws from concealment. The LCP is still the LCP.....that **** never felt comfortable lol

bowers5589

Fanatic
Everyday. My coworkers are always giving me heck for it, but I just tell them that if you don't and something does happen you don't get it replay that moment in time.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
bowers5589 said:
Everyday. My coworkers are always giving me heck for it, but I just tell them that if you don't and something does happen you don't get it replay that moment in time.

Why do they know?

bowers5589

Fanatic
Because some of them live in a fairy tale. I will never give up the debate with them though. Always trying to inform them on issue at hand.

mcintireb

Well-Known Fanatic
Understood, bower.

Ask them if their house has ever caught fire in their lifetime.
Then ask them why they have smoke detectors in their house.

Latest posts