Discovery of his NRA membership...

Josh Beauchamp

Well-Known Fanatic
I know the feeling. It shouldn't be all that shocking but it is. Clearly the vast majority of those following that blogger are politically left. But, what do we know right? I mean we is all jus a bunch of not edgeucated hillbillies who sees ufos and date our lady cousins. (Bad grammer added intentionally for comedic effect.)

threegungeezer

Well-Known Fanatic
You know what disgusts me is that I gladly gave the majority of my adult life to my country to keep it free. I carried a gun in foreign countries and sacrificed a normal life, so these idiots could say the stupid things they do in that article and it's comments, but they don't want me to be able to defend myself and my family now, which is a right I also fought for. They are much better off because I am armed than they are without me being armed.Not only do they refuse the ackowledge that fact, but they vilify me because it is true. I will continue to walk among them protecting them even though they would not do it for me. I guess I am just wired wrong,huh?!?

The price of peace is eternal vigilance, I refuse to be a victim. :triniti:

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Well, I don't agree at all with the decision he made just because the guy likes guns, but with the second amendment, you have to respect the first and this guys choice to not hire the guy because he doesn't share the same beliefs.
He'll never know just how nice and helpful the gun community really is and that's a sad byproduct for sure.

With pro gun forums, you have to expect there to be anti gun forums too.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
The comments bashing those who have fought and died to protect their rights are totally uncalled for and quite disrespectful to say the least.

threegungeezer

Well-Known Fanatic
Matt Rigsby said:
Well, I don't agree at all with the decision he made just because the guy likes guns, but with the second amendment, you have to respect the first and this guys choice to not hire the guy because he doesn't share the same beliefs.
He'll never know just how nice and helpful the gun community really is and that's a sad byproduct for sure.

With pro gun forums, you have to expect there to be anti gun forums too.
The problem is these people don't want to "coexist in peace and harmony" with us they are trying to foist their beliefs on us using government force. I don't care who doesn't want to own a gun, I just don't want them to tell me I can't, which is what they are trying to do. They also let the fact that they are unable to act in responsible ways belief bleed through,To them if you talk to a person that owns a gun you will get shot if they disagree with you, is so baseless as to almost not warrant a response. As someone who has looked down the sights of a firearm at another human being, it is not something that is done without the grave realization of the consequences of that action. The left doesn't want to bear the responsibility of their actions and trys to push it on someone else, so it is not really that hard to believe that they can't imagine someone else having the clarity of thought and action to be able to accept it. :triniti:

kaiserb

Well-Known Fanatic
Chase (iggie) said:
Really??? I read this dumbfounded .... I guess I suspected this kind of crap, but for some reason this caught me off guard.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/04/02/1198682/-Discovery-of-His-NRA-Membership-Instantly-Ended-Possibility-of-Me-Hiring-Independent-Contractor#

These are the same type of people that will have someone break in their house, knock them upside the head, and ass-hammer their wife. Then get on the news and whine that we need a better 911 system and the police did not respond fast enough. That their neighborhood needs more police patrols, youth programs, etc.

Later on the news we will see how the assailant was a poor troubled youth etc. etc. etc. (Who really is a career criminal from age 14 that has a rap sheet 50 pages long)

I am going out now to re-apply fresh NRA, GOA, NAGR, SAF, and TSRA stickers to my truck, to avoid selling my services to "tea cup hippies" like these folks.

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
how is this any different from the "do not spend money at places that have gunbusters". Someone from the left could look at those threads and say the exact same thing. I am not saying who is "right", but i am saying you have people (numerous) people here that won't shop/purchase from people that are anti and one guy doesn't want to purchase from a guy that is pro and somehow it is so different because he disagrees with us.

If the article was exactly the same and said "i didn't hire him because he had an anti gun sticker" everyone would be raving about how great the guy was..

threegungeezer

Well-Known Fanatic
benjamin-benjamin said:
how is this any different from the "do not spend money at places that have gunbusters". Someone from the left could look at those threads and say the exact same thing. I am not saying who is "right", but i am saying you have people (numerous) people here that won't shop/purchase from people that are anti and one guy doesn't want to purchase from a guy that is pro and somehow it is so different because he disagrees with us.

If the article was exactly the same and said "i didn't hire him because he had an anti gun sticker" everyone would be raving about how great the guy was..
The difference, I am not out demanding that the government force these people to carry a gun, but they are trying to force me to turn mine in. I fully support their right to not hire someone but when in the exercise of that right they infringe mine, I object

Iggie

Well-Known Fanatic
The difference is that I am to be disarmed in their place of business that i had need or want to go into, But I don't make them arm them selves before they come into my business. Vote with your money, spend it where you believe it will be best served. This guy alludes to fear of being shot because he didn't hire a contractor to do his work becuase he didnt want his money to go to supporting the NRA. You are entitled to your own opinions, mine is that this country was founded on the second amendment, it is what allows us to protect the rest of them when the first fails. It's written into our constitution, part of our history, and our lifestyles.

All I said was that it caught me off guard seeing the other side of the argument.

I just figured that some of us would find this post interesting is the only reason I linked it.

scubor2

S.L.C.G.A.
I think it probably reaffirmed his wife's belief that he is a spineless whimp. She better buy a gun so she can protect him from the boogey men under his bed.

Bob Sanders

Well-Known Fanatic
I guess, like the OP, I knew there were people like this. But I'm shocked as well. With that kind of reasoning, he would have to exclude veterans, former LEO's, and Boy Scouts. And, as someone pointed out, one would question his manhood. Obviously not someone that would stalk bravely into the night prepared to defend his country.

Latest posts