Dillon Dealers

okorpheus

Well-Known Fanatic
Does anyone know if there are any Dillon dealers in the Tulsa area (maybe even Joplin, Fayeteville, or OKC)? I'm getting ready to upgrade from a lee turret and I'm back and forth in my head between a square deal b or a 550b. Only ever going to load pistol (and only 9mm for the forseable future). I lean toward the SDB, then get the impression that the 550b is easier to maintain and that the SDB may be a little on the cramped side. I was thinking actually seeing both might help the decision.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
I couldn't really get my hands to work with the square deal but that's just me, went with the 550 and well with the amount I load which isn't much these days I'd opt for the 550 just for the fact you can change it out and load another caliber if the need comes up. Just my opinion. Later,

Kirk

Robusto

Well-Known Fanatic
I believe H&H in OKC is a dillion precision dealer.
I did not like the SquareDeal's use of non-standard dies, so I went for the XL650 (for the powder check).
I suspect a 550 would work very well for you.

okorpheus

Well-Known Fanatic
Not too concerned about the non standard dies, but the size is the biggest thing that keeps me from just saying SDB. I'll give H&H a ring and see if they keep any set up.

TerryKendell

Well-Known Fanatic
Not too concerned about the non standard dies, but the size is the biggest thing that keeps me from just saying SDB. I'll give H&H a ring and see if they keep any set up.
H & H has 650 550 & Square Deal on display

I have a 650 that I use for 45 and a Square Deal that I use for 9MM (I don't shoot a lot of 9MM)

The Square Deal is automated but NO case feeder.
550 is hand indexing and you can add a case feeder
650 is automated and with a case feeder is great.

Zeke at H&H or some of the other guys in the reloading dept will help you out.

Feegee

The Magic Man
If you want to buy new go to H&H if not I may know someone that has a used one for sale. If you want me to I can check on it and see?

Rockon71385

Founding Member
Get the 550. It's big enough to load as much pistol ammo as you want, and it's built much heavier than the SDB. 650 is really nice, but the caliber conversions cost a lot more than the ones for the 550. Pony up and get the 550, you'll never regret it and you'll always be able to sell it and get your money back should the need/desire arise.

wgm2011

Well-Known Fanatic
Robbie said:
Get the 550. It's big enough to load as much pistol ammo as you want, and it's built much heavier than the SDB. 650 is really nice, but the caliber conversions cost a lot more than the ones for the 550. Pony up and get the 550, you'll never regret it and you'll always be able to sell it and get your money back should the need/desire arise.
+1 on the 550. I load several different rounds and as long as they all use small primers, switching from one caliber to another takes about 2 minutes. If I need to load something with large primers add a few minutes for the transition.

I go in spurts where I might shoot several thousand rounds in a month followed by only a couple hundred for the next several months. The 550 is plenty fast to keep up with my demands.

Rockon71385

Founding Member
I'll also plug my favorite Dillon dealer - brianenos.com

I know, he's not local, but the guy and his forums have helped my shooting so much over the years that I patronize his store any time I can. Also, he groups a lot of the conversions into kits so it's easy to buy everything you need.

okorpheus

Well-Known Fanatic
That's an easier trip. Not in OKC that often. Any idea when the shop next to 2A might open up? I like Jerrys, but no Dillon there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

02Fatboy

Well-Known Fanatic
okorpheus said:
That's an easier trip. Not in OKC that often. Any idea when the shop next to 2A might open up? I like Jerrys, but no Dillon there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sometime this month.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
Rick Honey said:
Sometime this month.
wVSZ6kc.gif

Latest posts